P3 Firmware Issues Updating RC Firmware

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got my P3P.

In my DJI app (version 2.8.6 iOS) I am receiving an error that my remote controller needs upgrading.

I have downloaded and installed the new RC version (1.6.0) but the new firmware is not "sticking".

In the "about" section is shows that the remote controller version is unknown.

Steps I have completed:
Re-installed DJI go app
Re-downloaded RC firmware
Re-installed RC firmware (10 times, with both versions of firmware, and both downloads of DJI software)
Re-booted RC many times

I do believe my RC firmware to be version 1.6.0 but for some reason it is not recognizing that is is 1.6.0.

Any suggestions on what I can do ? Is there a way to fully reset the remote controller ?

Thank you,
Jon

I had a issue like this with my Inspire and my OSMO once.
In the release notes back when the RC was first updated to 1.6.0 it stated that if you did not see the versions in the Go app, to log into your DJI account and this would correct the missing versions of firmware in the about section of the app. It did work. However, don't know if this will work for you or not.
Give it a try but have every thing powered up when doing so and be connected to the Internet.
Good luck.

I had a issue like this with my Inspire and my OSMO once.
In the release notes back when the RC was first updated to 1.6.0 it stated that if you did not see the versions in the Go app, to log into your DJI account and this would correct the missing versions of firmware in the about section of the app. It did work. However, don't know if this will work for you or not.
Give it a try but have every thing powered up when doing so and be connected to the Internet.
Good luck.
I have the EXACT issue. I have called support and they are simply ignorant. I will try your solution. However, I am in fact ignorant. I simply do not know what you mean to "log into my DJI account." Please advise. Thanks for the post.

please can anyone help me ??? i tried to update my remote controller of phantom 3 Pro,after update i tryed to restart the remote,like the app sad, Now i cant turn on the remote no lights no sign of live , try it to charghe it but still no lights no turning on,note before upfate everything was fine and fully charged please help me..

please can anyone help me ??? i tried to update my remote controller of phantom 3 Pro,after update i tryed to restart the remote,like the app sad, Now i cant turn on the remote no lights no sign of live , try it to charghe it but still no lights no turning on,note before upfate everything was fine and fully charged please help me..
I finally had to ship my RC to DJI Repair. I am still under warranty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl