Issues updating P3 Pro transmitter

Reaction score
Hello!

Did the firmware updates for the drone and battery. When I do the updates for the TX ( via the GO app), it states the TX was updated, but when I reboot the transmitter, I still get the message saying I need to update the transmitter. Or, I sometimes get a message saying "RC signal lost", then if I power off/on the transmitter, I will then again get the message saying to update the transmitter?

The Go App is trying to update the transmitter software to V1.6.0, but not sure of that is actually the latest software version for the transmitter?

Thanks,
Jarrett

1.6 is the current firmware version for the remote controller.

How exactly do you power everything on?

Same way I have been for the last 6 months. Tx first, app, the drone.

Tried tx, drone, app, but still get the message that I need to update the tx firmware, even though it states the tx firmware was updated???

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 303
Try reinstalling DJI GO.

Thx, I'll try reinstalling the ap later today.
It's weird that the update for the controller said it is compete, but the update doesn't seem to take?

Maybe I am doing something wrong in the sequence of "rebooting" the transmitter???

I don't think the issue has anything to do with the rebooting sequence. Let's see if reinstalling DJI GO fixes it. If not, we can go from there.

This is what I just tried after re-installing the DJI app:

- Power on the TX
- Power on the drone
- open DJI GO app

Get a message " R/C signal lost"

Power off/on transmitter, get a Message " transmitter firmware update needed"

Run update, it says " remote controller updated to the latest version 1.6.0 reboot your remote controller"
(got the blue light on the tranmsitter, and the beeping, then green light...)
I reboot remote, and it still says " Update Radio Firmware"

Last edited:
Did you try the above sequence after reinstalling DJI GO?

Which versions do you see in the About section of DJI GO?

Are you able to downgrade the remote controller firmware like this? If so, try that and then upgrade it again.

Are you able to downgrade the remote controller firmware like this? If so, try that and then upgrade it again.

I'll give that a try.

I also just tried this:
I plugged the transmitter into my iphone, instead of my Ipad. When I went to settings, it initially said version 1.6.0 for the transmitter, but was still showing signal lost. Now it still says current version unknown!

I was able to downgrade using that method, and now it all works! Thank you very much!!

I think I will just leave the software as:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 327
That explains why your remote controller wouldn't connect too. The aircraft and remote controller firmware was not compatible.

Reactions: Oso
So your RC was 1.6 before and your AC was 1.7? That combo is not compatible.

That explains why your remote controller wouldn't connect too. The aircraft and remote controller firmware was not compatible.
How are you always so fast? Is there more than one of you? ;-)

Reactions: SirAchie and Oso
Not sure how that happened. It said I needed to update drone, battery and tx firmware. I thought I updated the drone firmware, as that message disappeared.

At any rate, it all syncs up now!!

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1