Issues 'reconnecting' FC40 camera to iPhone 5

Reaction score
I love this camera for low cost out of the box FPV and it is good for that, but this disconnecting is a major pain in the butt. The initial connection is usually problem free, but then I will fly, get too far away, camera disconnects, and I bring the bird down to reconnect. Then all hell breaks loose.

**** thing won't reconnect! Sometimes I try 15-20 times in a row with no luck. Try turning the wifi on and off on my phone or restarting the app. Still no luck. Eventually it does link up, but not until I am completely frustrated and ready to give up. Then I fly into the air again, go too far out, get disconnected, and have to start the same frustrating process all over again!!!!

Anyone figured out a trick to getting the camera to link to the app on the first try??? This would really help me out a lot and give me more flight time. Thanks!

If you read on here you will see most people do not use an iphone with the quad unless it is at least connected to a repeater. the signal is a huge issue as the phone is not really intended for wifi so mo much as a dedicated wifi tablet. Get a kindle fire or android tablet you will not regret it.

notsojazzyjeff said:
I love this camera for low cost out of the box FPV and it is good for that, but this disconnecting is a major pain in the butt. The initial connection is usually problem free, but then I will fly, get too far away, camera disconnects, and I bring the bird down to reconnect. Then all hell breaks loose.

**** thing won't reconnect! Sometimes I try 15-20 times in a row with no luck. Try turning the wifi on and off on my phone or restarting the app. Still no luck. Eventually it does link up, but not until I am completely frustrated and ready to give up. Then I fly into the air again, go too far out, get disconnected, and have to start the same frustrating process all over again!!!!

Anyone figured out a trick to getting the camera to link to the app on the first try??? This would really help me out a lot and give me more flight time. Thanks!

Even with my Android S3 I can never get it to connect first try. I'll bet like you it took 15-20 tries today when I took it out to fly.

i can tell you from my own personal experience that connecting to the iphone was horrible for me. it never wanted to do it first try and it would lose connection after a couple hundred feet.
then i switched to a galaxy note 3 and i can fly very far away, almost as far away as i am comfortable flying it. connects first time every time
lastly i tried with a second generation nexus 7 tablet and that one will fly far beyond my comfort levels without disconnecting. connects first time every time.

Hmmm...wish I had an android phone or small tablet to test this out on. We are an apple home so I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad, but that's it. Does anyone think iphone 4 will work any better? I heard Samsung made a glaxy media player a while back

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181504951175

But I wonder if the andriod version would be to old to handle the fc40 app properly.

I don't think it is possible to reconnect while it is recording, although it keeps recording. You use a button on the camera to stop it after you land.

I don't know if I ever actually reconnected even while it wasn't reconnected. What you would have to do is get out of the FC40 app, reconnect the wifi, re-open the FC40 app and try 3 or 4 times to get it to re-connect to the camera.

I don't even try to re-connect. Although, with my Kindle Fire, I don't lose the connection very often.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20