Issues on rebuilding after crash

Reaction score
I must not of had the RTH height high enough and I topped a tree on the way back with my P2v+. I found it upside down with motors still trying to turn the props thus the motors melted the area on the arms where they mount. I've replaced the shell and all four motors and ESC's. Now I'm looking for advice on what to replace next. I've had it started and flown it a few feet off of the ground so that part works. I've hooked it to the P2v assistant and it shows no variables in the GPS section other than 0's. Also on my DJI Vision app the only thing that shows is the wifi extender battery level. It shows nothing for the sd card, satellites, battery in the bird, signal strength, and says connection broken even though I show the wifi connected to the bird when I go to the phones wifi settings. When I try to calibrate the compass, I get the solid green after doing the first part but when I put it nose down and spin the lights go back to flashing yellows.

I'm open for thoughts and advice.

Thanks.

Inspect your cables again.
There are 3 sets of grey cables that come from the Phantom to the gimbal board. 2 of them plug in (powers the wifi module) and the other is a 4 pin clip in. Remove all cables and inspect them carefully and make sure the plastic clips are not broken and check if the pins aren't bent. Make sure they seat firmly when plugged back in.

I bought the cable kit and replaced them. the thing that bothers me is that the app doesn't show any rc or wifi signal, nor sd card and satellites.

The telemetry data is broadcasted from the Phantom to the Wi-Fi extender and ultimately to the phone or tablet from the Wi-Fi Transmitter under the shell. The Wi-Fi transmitter has two board in it. One is video feed and the other is the telemetry data. You may want to verify the connections plugged in to it. They also feed through the gimbal be for being transmitted back to you. So there are two places to check, the TX unit and the gimbal plugs.

If GPS shows all 0's your GPS unit is toast.
Let me know if you need one. I have plenty laying around here.

The telemetry data is broadcasted from the Phantom to the Wi-Fi extender and ultimately to the phone or tablet from the Wi-Fi Transmitter under the shell. The Wi-Fi transmitter has two board in it. One is video feed and the other is the telemetry data. You may want to verify the connections plugged in to it. They also feed through the gimbal be for being transmitted back to you. So there are two places to check, the TX unit and the gimbal plugs.

It looks to be related to the telemetry. I can get a get the green lights on the bird to fly and the rc control works when I fly it. The rc control runs to the flight controller. It just doesn't show telemetry back from the bird nor does it show FPV. It does show battery percent of the wifi extender. The gimbal wheel does control the tilt on the camera. All of this leads me to believe that the issue is in the cable (which I replaced) or the top of the gimbal. When it crashed one cable pulled away from it's pins and connector.

If GPS shows all 0's your GPS unit is toast.
Let me know if you need one. I have plenty laying around here.

Thanks. First I want to get the telemetry back and then I'll check up on the gps. When I start it up it does get the quick flashing green lights and the back to a steady green blink like it has a gps lock and is ready to fly. It does seem to fly pretty steady and I can hand catch it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic