Issues downloading videos on iPad since upgrade

Reaction score
hi all

Wondering if anyone else is having issues since the upgrade???

I used to go into dji app with the drone on and iPad 4 mini plugged into controller and download original video before saving to iPad camera roll.
I went to do the same thing this morning and had an error message come up about unavailable on sd card. I can't seem to find a way of now getting them onto my iOS to edit. Any ideas please.

Thank you

Take the card out the drone and use a sd card reader for the ipad, transfer the videos that way

You can get a really great multi card reader made by Kodak (believe it or not), from Walmart for $13.00.

make sure its go the lightning connector on for the ipad

Thanks. I have an iPad sd card reader but it's never liked the videos in 4K. I just want to know if anyone else is having issues downloading straight from dji app as I did before. I don't see why it's now not working it's a lot of faffing about to take a memory card reader out and try and convert it.

I tend to swap adter a days flying, that way i keep the videos/pictures safe
Good 64gb cards are fairly cheap nowadays so its worthwhile having a couple spare

I have multiple SD cards. I also edit all my videos using my iPad by downloading straight from the drone and DJI app once I am done, to save the hassle of pulling the SD out and putting a card reader in as I have never found the 4k works this way.

I was merely asking if anyone else is having issues downloading straight from the app, I don't understand why it is suddenly giving me an error message when I have always downloaded this way. this has only been since the update. I will get in touch with DJI support

I had the same issue yesterday let me check again tomorrow and see if there is a solution. Will update you as soon as i know

Reactions: littletoelee
I had the same issue yesterday let me check again tomorrow and see if there is a solution. Will update you as soon as i know

thanks, I called DJi they suggested plugging the drone in and updating to DJI Assistant 2, then refreshing the firmware. I cant do this til the weekend. so if you have any luck before then please let me know.

Still have the issue tried reinstalling the firmware but no luck i am going to delete the app and reinstall it to see if that work

I tested my P4P and had the same problem as you described. As a workaround, it looks like you can use the "DJI Go" app. It's a bit different then the simple center screen button, but it did communicate and allow me to pull down the video to the iPad. Not a fix, but if it's all you have available, it works.

I tested my P4P and had the same problem as you described. As a workaround, it looks like you can use the "DJI Go" app. It's a bit different then the simple center screen button, but it did communicate and allow me to pull down the video to the iPad. Not a fix, but if it's all you have available, it works.
How would you do that exactly could you explain a lil further please

Previewing video's in the editor takes forever to even get them open now. It's really slow. Kind of a pain too!

How would you do that exactly could you explain a lil further please

Sure,
With the Go vs Go 4 app you go to the editor, select the on board card as your source (upper right), then after picking the video you want you opt for downloading the original (bottom left I believe). This, like the Go 4 app will move the actual sd card data to the device for editing.

If this is hard to follow I can put together some screenshots.

As I said before, it is a workaround for the failed feature in the Go 4 app. Using a card reader remains the most efficient method, but it will get it done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers