Issue with Video on Phone

Reaction score
Now I must admit, I made a total newb mistake after I bought the PV2+ -- I installed a GoPro and this aftermarket FPV kit. I had a crash (on my maiden voyage), that damaged the HD-3D mount. I have since re-installed the original PV2+ camera/gimbal setup, I started to have issues with the picture as seen on my phone (using a Samsung Galaxy phone). The images/video freeze on my phone -- and some times they are pixelated (sp). I noticed one of the 8-pin wire was damaged, so I bought the FPV wire kit and replaced all 3 wires going to the camera. My next flight was better, but the issue still persists.

The pictures and video that I take are flawless when I put them on the computer, this is not an issue with the camera, as it has not been through a hard landing of any sort. The issue seems to be the signal between my phone and the camera. I do use the Booster app, and yes, I have the range extender turned on. This issue mainly seems to occur in flight -- if I'm holding the phantom before take-off, the picture is generally spot on. Once the issue starts, it persists the entire flight. Any thoughts?

Hello,

I'm using a Sanmsung Note 3 with the Android app and I must say that it is sometimes quite hard to "connect" to the camera.
You either have a non detection of the Sd card, or no ability to "steer" the camera whatsoever: you must try repeatedly until it works but this is sometimes very long; always switching your Phantom off and back on and relaunching the software etc.

Any hint?

Actually, it is not hard for me to "connect" to the camera -- other than the issue I've described.

Spitfire said:
Hello,

I'm using a Sanmsung Note 3 with the Android app and I must say that it is sometimes quite hard to "connect" to the camera.
You either have a non detection of the Sd card, or no ability to "steer" the camera whatsoever: you must try repeatedly until it works but this is sometimes very long; always switching your Phantom off and back on and relaunching the software etc.

Any hint?

I use a Note 3 and have no issues connecting to the camera.

Stile2112 said:
Spitfire said:
Hello,

Any hint?

I use a Note 3 and have no issues connecting to the camera.

Same here. I do have to put it in Airplane mode but once I do that it doesn't lose connection.

beyond vidio am am having wifi drop issues
for the first month i had my p2v+ i had no problem, then in early july i could not stay connected to wifi extender..I think there may have been an app upgrade, but other than that everything is stock. i have tried both ipad and gs4 and have same issue. i got a new camera and cannot even bind with ipad but can bind for 30 sec w gs4 (ipad in airplane mode ) on ipad i forget all other networks and still disconnects from phantom

I flew it yesterday -- first time since I started this thread -- was flying around my house, with a lot of tall trees, just didn't feel comfortable, so I shut it down for the day. I started to do some troubleshooting and try to correct the problem. When I hold the drone in my hands I get flawless picture, as soon as I put it on the ground, the picture on my phone freezes.

At one point yesterday -- during the troubleshooting -- and by troubleshooting I mean gently jiggling the wires -- one of the gimbal motors started to smoke and I could smell burning electrical components. I shut it off, let it cool off. So I got back at it a little while later, and everything seem okay.... then when I started the motors the connection broke.

So my problem has continued -- and gotten worse. I'm actually having the same problem as "jdsfx" in the previous post. I do the normal start-up procedures -- the wifi connects, and as soon as I start the motors the connection breaks, within 2 seconds. WTF am I doing wrong???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20