Issue with reversing the throttle

Reaction score
Hello!

I just recently purchased my first Dji Phantom 2 and can't wait to fly with it!

I have some problems with getting started though.
I installed the software and intended to reverse the throttle. There doesn't appear to be an option to do it though.
Is it impossible? Or am I just missing something?

Thanks!

Attachments

• RC system software.jpg
    RC system software.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 673
Pretty sure you can do that on the Phantom itself using the Phantom Assistant.

ianwood said:
Pretty sure you can do that on the Phantom itself using the Phantom Assistant.

Yep, it's available even in the P2 assistant

Guido, connect the Phantom to the PC instead of the controller, and load up the Phantom assistant. It's under the "Basic" section...there's a switch next to each slider channel.

With P2V (v3.0) in control mode 2 I set the throttle to reverse but the CSC would not power up the motors. I changed the setting back to normal and it started ok. Has anyone successfully used this configuration? For my habits the throttle is like the collective on rotor a/c or the elevator on fixed wing a/c so I would really like to pull back to go up! Please, any ideas?

zengeist said:
With P2V (v3.0) in control mode 2 I set the throttle to reverse but the CSC would not power up the motors. I changed the setting back to normal and it started ok. Has anyone successfully used this configuration? For my habits the throttle is like the collective on rotor a/c or the elevator on fixed wing a/c so I would really like to pull back to go up! Please, any ideas?

You'll probably have to invert the normal throttle position in whichever CSC combo you use. If you normally push both sticks down and to the inside, push the throttle up and to the inside instead while pushing the right stick down +in as normal.

I did calibrate the controls with the Assistant software. The RC software doesn't seem to do anything except install updates and select FCC or CE transmitting power. Am I missing something?

zengeist said:
I did calibrate the controls with the Assistant software. The RC software doesn't seem to do anything except install updates and select FCC or CE transmitting power. Am I missing something?

In the pic in the 1st post above, you'll see the "calibrate" button under the four channel sliders

I re-calibrated the controller with the Phantom RC app (which probably wasn't necessary) then reset the throttle to reverse with the Phantom app. The CSC is now changed for the left stick (to up to the right) and the right stick is still down and to the left. It now works fine, thanks.

Have there been any problems with the reversed throttle? I just used this info to reverse mine to match some of the planes i have flown. thank you.

I switched my phantom 2 to Mode 1 and reversed the throttle. I've flown two batteries this way today and love it. The flying is mostly controlled with the left stick while the right controls altitude and left and right adjustments. Pretty cool and much easier to do somewhat precision circles this way.

elbuncho said:
I switched my phantom 2 to Mode 1 and reversed the throttle. I've flown two batteries this way today and love it. The flying is mostly controlled with the left stick while the right controls altitude and left and right adjustments. Pretty cool and much easier to do somewhat precision circles this way.

Switching from mode 2 to mode 1 was not the discussion. Switching just the throttle shutoff position from bottom to top was the discussion including csc with sticks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.