Issue With Latest Firmware Not Seen Addressed in Forum

D

David Chris

I've searched the threads for anything related to the issue I'm having, which is the new features aren't showing-up in the DJI Go app. The blue box has yet to make an appearance since I've downloaded the new firmware.

Before you all chew me a new one for this, just know that I've jumped through all the hoops to try and fix this myself before making this post -

• uninstall, and re-install the app - no changes
  • download the app onto the root file of the micro sd card, did it with usb 3.0 and 2.0 - no changes
  • tried the app on 2 other devices with the latest app version installed - no changes
  • stand on my head while the updates are loading into the aircraft - no changes
  • meditate and do a chant while it's installing - no changes
  • curse and swear at the firmware for not working, although therapeutic - no changes
  • format the sd card - no changes
  • yadda, yadda, yadda...

I've done everything I've seen suggested on here to fix this, even though I haven't seen anybody address this particular issue, and I still have yet to see the new features appear on my app.

Please look at the attached screenshot of my flight yesterday, and see what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm stuck-on-stupid and it's operator error, I don't know at this point, I hope not. I just haven't seen this issue addressed here.

Screenshot_2015-09-11-11-22-32highlighted.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Might sound daft but have you flicked to F mode for the new feature display to show up.

When you look in settings in dji go, what versions are reported for the p3, rc, and app?

All are current, and up-to-date.

P3P/RC = v1.4.0010
DJI Go App = v2.1.0
Not sure what else to ask. Strange, though, your rc version. I was under the impression the latest rc version was 1.3.2 and that the 1.4 update didn't do anything to the rc.

Reactions: Buckaye
Not sure what else to ask. Strange, though, your rc version. I was under the impression the latest rc version was 1.3.2 and that the 1.4 update didn't do anything to the rc.

I stand corrected. The RC version is 1.3.20, as indicated in the included screen capture (without being connected to the aircraft, only the remote)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-12-14-35-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-12-14-35-12.png
    14 KB · Views: 379
Silly but, reset the tablet by unplugging and restarting the DJI GO App, hover at 6ft on the P-GPS mode, then switch to the F Mode and then the Multiflight screen should come up.

Reactions: David Chris
Have you had any beta versions installed previously?
Did you try to down grade to 1.3.20 FW on the P3 and RC before upgrading to 1.4.0010 ?
Did you try to remove the DJI Go app before reinstalling 2.1.0?
Do you have any "mods" on the tablet? (I see an unusual font in your screen shots)

I've searched the threads for anything related to the issue I'm having, which is the new features aren't showing-up in the DJI Go app. The blue box has yet to make an appearance since I've downloaded the new firmware.

Before you all chew me a new one for this, just know that I've jumped through all the hoops to try and fix this myself before making this post -

• uninstall, and re-install the app - no changes
  • download the app onto the root file of the micro sd card, did it with usb 3.0 and 2.0 - no changes
  • tried the app on 2 other devices with the latest app version installed - no changes
  • stand on my head while the updates are loading into the aircraft - no changes
  • meditate and do a chant while it's installing - no changes
  • curse and swear at the firmware for not working, although therapeutic - no changes
  • format the sd card - no changes
  • yadda, yadda, yadda...

I've done everything I've seen suggested on here to fix this, even though I haven't seen anybody address this particular issue, and I still have yet to see the new features appear on my app.

Please look at the attached screenshot of my flight yesterday, and see what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm stuck-on-stupid and it's operator error, I don't know at this point, I hope not. I just haven't seen this issue addressed here.

View attachment 30467
Mine didn't work either until I upgraded my go app to ver 2.2?

@David Chris I had same issue. Tried all the same things.

In the app there is an option about resetting the data recorder. I had your issue on both my tablets. Once I reset it then it magically started working on both tablets.

Reactions: David Chris
See... look at all of these suggestions... "Did you do this", or "did you do that"... "did you uninstall this, or re-install that".. it doesn't end! The cause of all of these lame issues with this product will always fall back onto the consumer. What kind of crap is that?

I don't appreciate being talked down to like I'm mentally challenged, or like I don't know anything about electronics. And that's what I feel like when I reach out to anybody on here for help.
Sorry to hear of your troubles but you have been offered a couple of possible solutions here and ignored them.
Support people are always going to have to ask basic questions to eliminate the most common problems before moving on to other scenarios.
Sorry to say it but I see a big negative mindset here that isn't helping you at all.
Thousands of Phantoms fly perfectly without issue and most issues are simply corrected when you know what's wrong. There are rare cases of hardware problems too.
Good luck finding any product to compete with the P3 for performance and price.

See... look at all of these suggestions... "Did you do this", or "did you do that"... "did you uninstall this, or re-install that".. it doesn't end! The cause of all of these lame issues with this product will always fall back onto the consumer. What kind of crap is that?

I have thousands of dollars worth of camera and video gear.. including equipment that requires firmware updates.. and I never have problems like these. Never. And if I do, a quick phone call or email and it's taken care of by someone who actually gives a crap, instead of a support person using Google translate just to figure how-to reply to you in English, let alone offer a resolve to any issues you might have. It's really ridiculous.

I don't appreciate being talked down to like I'm mentally challenged, or like I don't know anything about electronics. And that's what I feel like when I reach out to anybody on here for help.

Sorry folks... just don't have any love for DJI right now.

I feel like I've been tricked into buying this thing, through clever marketing tricks and flashy "aerial videos", that may or may not have been recorded with a DJI product at all, and through all efforts, still isn't working right, and I'm being made to feel that it's my fault that they can't get their crap together with their product.
Maybe you should sell it?

@David Chris I had same issue. Tried all the same things.

In the app there is an option about resetting the data recorder. I had your issue on both my tablets. Once I reset it then it magically started working on both tablets.

another great suggestion, and this one actually corrected the problem. took my bird out for a test fight today, followed your suggestion, and badda-bing! she's working 100% again. thank-you, and everybody who offered constructive comments and suggestions to this problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj