Issue with editing

Reaction score
Hi everyone I recently purchased my first phantom 3 4K and I love the drone itself, the trouble I'm hoping people can help me with is with the editing of the videos, basically when I try and cut a section out of any video and save it all I get is outputting video 0% and then the app become unresponsive, I'm sure it's just something I'm doing wrong, I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, I have searched the forums for the past couple of days and some people are having the same issue but no one has seemed to post when the problem is solved, I'm using dji go on my iPhone 6s and am in the uk. Anyway sorry for the long post, any help is much appreciated.

The problem could be the fact that due to the 4K resolution the files tend to be very large and you need a lot of processing power to edit them. You might try uploading them to a pc and edit using the pc.

The problem could be the fact that due to the 4K resolution the files tend to be very large and you need a lot of processing power to edit them. You might try uploading them to a pc and edit using the pc.

See this is what I was initially thinking but I should have stated that I tried changing the resolution to 1080 24fps I think it was and I still have the same issue.

Ok, but even 1080p files tend to be huge.
Apparently however the app only uses the low bit rate clips that are stored on your phone. To edit the hi quality source material you need to transfer them from your drone to a pc.
Still weird that you can't get it to work, but I can't help you further. Sorry )-:

let me get this straight, u are using the dji app to edit the vid??? i didnt even know thats possible!
anywho. i always pop the microsd card out. copy n paste the 4k mp4 files out onto a pc and edit on the pc. works fine all this time.

let me get this straight, u are using the dji app to edit the vid??? i didnt even know thats possible!
anywho. i always pop the microsd card out. copy n paste the 4k mp4 files out onto a pc and edit on the pc. works fine all this time.
Yeah basically I'm trying to cut a few sections of the video out and piece them together, the option is there to do it but it won't let me, on the app it has a editor tab on the bottom and there's tutorials on YouTube but it just doesn't work

I expect you could do it with a more powerful tablet, especially recording at lower resolution
DJI think you might want to make and upload a short sample/trailer while out in the field.
Considering editing even 1080p is quite hard on a decent PC I'm not surprised a mobile device just gives up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik