Issue while flying with camera facing me

Reaction score
Just got the p4 recently, my first ever drone.

I was practicing yesterday and noticed that when I had the camera facing me, the drone would not move forward or backwards (right stick up and down) like it does when the camera is facing away from me. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Do you have obstacle avoidance turned on in DJI GO? If so, turning that off should resolve that issue. That of course means your Phantom will no longer try to avoid obstacles ;)

Strange, he should accept going backwards. If not OA as suggested by msinger, then question would be if operating close to NFZ.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Strange, he should accept going backwards.
Agreed.

There was a similar post here the other day where a pilot was attempting to use obstacle avoidance along with prop guards. And, like this OP noted, his Phantom wouldn't move in any direction either.

Do you have obstacle avoidance turned on in DJI GO? If so, turning that off should resolve that issue. That of course means your Phantom will no longer try to avoid obstacles ;)

The option to "Turn on forward obstacle sensing" is turned ON. "Obstacle avoidance" is turned OFF. The issue only occurs when the camera is facing towards me.

Strange, he should accept going backwards. If not OA as suggested by msinger, then question would be if operating close to NFZ.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I am in a safe to fly zone.

What happens when you turn off "Turn on forward obstacle sensing"?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic