Isle of Man + phantom

Up for iomtt 2015. And I am going... to see race but not planning to take bird. But as quite new on this hobby I sure thought that. But I am taking handheld gimbal.

I'm sure there will be a no fly zone over the event with the amount of helicopter cameras covering the event

i live on the island and it was mentioned in todays isle of man examiner news paper. a bit of panic mongering really to grab a headline buy a local politico who falls into the chocolate fireguard category. the organisers are declaring it a no fly zone and are going to advertise the fact. but as there is always a NOTAM in force during roads closed for the practicing and racing banning aircraft within a few miles of the circuit so that the air ambulances have no other air traffic to consider it is already illegal to fly near the course and has been for years., model aircraft come under CAA ( our FAA equivalent ) jurisdiction and are therefore already banned with no need to add any 'new' rules. but that won't stop a useless politician from finding an excuse to get his name in the paper,

I love watching it. Never could figure out where they put their balls.
Special tanks I guess.

I lived in IOM for 4 years, I left only 2 months ago. I did make a lot of videos of the island with my Phantoms and Inspire, but during TT I preferred not to fly. Too many people and too many motorbikes. Imagine having a fly-away and have your Phantom crash on the race circuit.. I was too much of a *****, but it definetely crossed my mind to try to film the race from the air, just not brave enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20