Is zoom coming ?

Reaction score
Heard from a friend that the latest update to his Inspire gave him camera zoom capabilities. Any rumors that it is coming to the P3P ?

The Inspire and P4 received "pinch to zoom" in the last update. If you are in 1080p mode, you can zoom 2x by pinching the screen.
Whether or not this is coming to the P3 is unknown. (And as is would only work with P3P and P34K.)

I said it before. Digital zoom will be helpful if implemented properly. Remember the cam is 4K. The video feed is 720.. So there is room to pull in and not lose quality. Not sure how it is being accomplished but it could be helpful for framing shots etc.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks
I think there is nothing way the P3 gets digital zoom. They are looking for ways to separate the P3 and the P4.

I said it before. Digital zoom will be helpful if implemented properly. Remember the cam is 4K. The video feed is 720.. So there is room to pull in and not lose quality. Not sure how it is being accomplished but it could be helpful for framing shots etc.
Agreed. I would actually prefer an option to only zoom the live view on the app, without affecting the recording. I think it could be very useful for live search or live inspection.

But, I realize how that could be potentially problematic for FPV flight, and I may be in the minority there. Certainly a 3rd party app could do this for the P3 if there was a need.

I think there is nothing way the P3 gets digital zoom. They are looking for ways to separate the P3 and the P4.

Yeah, I think you are right. And I think it's the same thing with Active Track. Nothing special about the P4 camera hardware that makes it capable of Active Track where the P3 wouldn't be. It's just enabled in the app when your using a P4. Again, I think 3rd party apps will give us this on the P3 (I'm looking at you Vertical Studio). And, as with most things, when a 3rd party developer focuses on a specific task, the implementation is usually better than that what we got from DJI GO. We'll see...

I have tried the zoom trick on my P4 and it does not work, or at least not on a galaxy tablet.
Has anyone got it to work?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31