is VLOS defined as only naked eye sight?

If your ears were hurt by my EMPHASIS on the term I quoted, you may have your ears to close to your monitor.

I think we may be comparing two different standards. CAA says "within your sight at all times" (or WITHIN YOUR SIGHT AT ALL TIMES for the hearing impaired...) and FAA says VLOS. I think they are two different things.

BUT THEY AREN'T THE SAME.

Line of sight to a radio operator means no obstruction between point A and point B. VISUAL line of sight to the FAA means VISIBLE at all times, hence the descriptor "VISUAL.'

Yes, these rules and these interpretations have been in place long before drones or GoPros came on the scene.

Despite the laws being created before FPV tech, I think they are still sensible. You can't rely on your FPV to always work, so it's safest to just err on the side of caution and assume that it could fail at any moment

BUT THEY AREN'T THE SAME.

Line of sight to a radio operator means no obstruction between point A and point B. VISUAL line of sight to the FAA means VISIBLE at all times, hence the descriptor "VISUAL.'

Yes, these rules and these interpretations have been in place long before drones or GoPros came on the scene.

Yes, they aren't the same. That's what I meant by "two different things."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31