Is Virginia...

KismetLRC said:
Southeast or Northeast?
Or do we need a Mid-Atlantic section?

Too funny, when I first went to the Regional Meet-Ups I asked myself 'now where did they put VA'...

I used to live in Maryland. Now I live in Richmond, Va.

Trust me when I say that the Mason-Dixon Line does not define North from South. Ask any true Richmonder, and the dividing line is more like the Rappahannock River (ie: Fredricksburg). It used to be the Virginia state line, but with the "War of Northern Aggression" still going on, we are losing NoVa to the Yanks that migrate there. :D

Oh, let the flames begin. hahaha

Anywho, if folks around Richmond want to meet up, let me know!

TheMattSanner said:
Hell of a way to win friends and influence people... maybe that is why you feel that "southern" border is creeping further down... save the jingoistic remarks for the Tea Baggers and fox news eh? Maybe then somebody will fly with you- come on up here for a visit with me and I will show you what happened the last time confederates came to the border... ever hear of the Battle of Sharpsburg?
Gen Toombs ain't around anymore... and, besides, that dog don't hunt.

TheMattSanner said:
I used to live in Maryland. Now I live in Richmond, Va.

Trust me when I say that the Mason-Dixon Line does not define North from South. Ask any true Richmonder, and the dividing line is more like the Rappahannock River (ie: Fredricksburg). It used to be the Virginia state line, but with the "War of Northern Aggression" still going on, we are losing NoVa to the Yanks that migrate there. :D

Anywho, if folks around Richmond want to meet up, let me know!

On the east side of the mountains, there are three rivers, the Matta, the Po, and the Ni. They come together to make one but that's not important....

Virginia stops at the Ni river. After that it's NOVA or more properly...NOTVA. :eek: I've been trying to get Mary Land to take possession for years. :lol:

West of the Blue Ridge, Virginia continues through Strawsburg.

Hiway said:
TheMattSanner said:
Hell of a way to win friends and influence people... maybe that is why you feel that "southern" border is creeping further down... save the jingoistic remarks for the Tea Baggers and fox news eh? Maybe then somebody will fly with you- come on up here for a visit with me and I will show you what happened the last time confederates came to the border... ever hear of the Battle of Sharpsburg?

It's all in good fun, Hiway. Hence the friendly emoticons and the "hahaha".

For the record, I love all multi-rotor pilots regardless of their latitude. :cool:

Anywho, Central Virginians, give a shout-out and maybe we can do some flying over the holidays.

TheMattSanner said:
Hiway said:
TheMattSanner said:

It's all in good fun, Hiway. Hence the friendly emoticons and the "hahaha".

For the record, I love all multi-rotor pilots regardless of their latitude. :cool:

Anywho, Central Virginians, give a shout-out and maybe we can do some flying over the holidays.

Where are you flying Matt ?

Right now, just in Midlothian, near where I live (out near 288 and Midlo Tpk).

Nowhere exciting yet. Kinda waiting for Christmas break to have some time to play.

I'm in Midlothian Virginia. We do need a Mid-Atlantic Group set up, as I know there are flyers in MD and DC .... and a few on the Eastern Shore of VA.
Anybody in DC / VA .... send me a message ...

I live in Virginia Beach. Lets just invade the oceanfront with our drones and capture footage of gorgeous babes in bikinis and overweight tourists one day this summer haha!

PinkFloyd4Runner said:
I live in Virginia Beach. Lets just invade the oceanfront with our drones and capture footage of gorgeous babes in bikinis ...

Good luck there... in Viginia Beach, the sun goes down at noon (once it drops to the other side of the tall buildings along the beach) and the only babes you will see will be military wives pushing strollers and senior citizens visiting their kids on leave from the navy.

Of all the beaches along the eastern seaboard, VA Beach has to be the absolute worst.

I suggest driving about 45 minutes south and invading the Outerbanks of NC... those are maybe the best beaches on the east coast, and only a hoot and a holler down the road.... also no hassles... lots of line of sight on Jockey's ridge... you could fly a Phantom to Manteo and land it beside Shallow Bag Bay in a clearing and never loose sight if you had binoculars.

Yep ... The Outer Banks might be a winner. I suppose I'd better let my wife know the plan, as the video footage might get back to her ...
Otherwise, we should move toward setting up a Mid-Atlantic Drone group, to make us at least legitimate.

bobomet said:
Yep ... The Outer Banks might be a winner. I suppose I'd better let my wife know the plan, as the video footage might get back to her ...
Otherwise, we should move toward setting up a Mid-Atlantic Drone group, to make us at least legitimate.

I would be game for that... make it proper with AMA approval and such maybe? I have put off sending in for my membership because I was going to join a club... haven't found any that tolerate us quad guys yet locally.

Keep me in the loop for sure. I am very centrally located in the Mid Atlantic right along the Rt 81 corridor and 50 or so miles from DC.

Good Stuff HIWAY! I'm in Midlothian, and I plan to fly quite a bit West of Charlottesville area this Spring/Summer, like somewhere at the the top of Afton Mtn.
I'm hoping to get a bunch relative high altitude sunsets.
Let me know if you've made any antenna mods to your rig.
I'm itching to upgrade both both controller and range extender, but am a little shy about soldering and cutting notches.

bobomet said:
Good Stuff HIWAY! I'm in Midlothian, and I plan to fly quite a bit West of Charlottesville area this Spring/Summer, like somewhere at the the top of Afton Mtn.
I'm hoping to get a bunch relative high altitude sunsets.
Let me know if you've made any antenna mods to your rig.
I'm itching to upgrade both both controller and range extender, but am a little shy about soldering and cutting notches.

Then you would fall through your ******* and choke if you saw my work table and Phantom right now... it is down to the circuit boards and I am waiting on a new Futaba receiver and diversity antenna for it, (to go with the smexy new radio I have) and then I will be playing with whatever these fpv guys decide works best for the vtx; cloverleaf or helicoils or whatever.

I have torn my quad apart, and reassembled it like 5 times now... 2 because of crashes. It gets easier.

Hiway said:
PinkFloyd4Runner said:
I live in Virginia Beach. Lets just invade the oceanfront with our drones and capture footage of gorgeous babes in bikinis ...

Good luck there... in Viginia Beach, the sun goes down at noon (once it drops to the other side of the tall buildings along the beach) and the only babes you will see will be military wives pushing strollers and senior citizens visiting their kids on leave from the navy.

Of all the beaches along the eastern seaboard, VA Beach has to be the absolute worst.

I suggest driving about 45 minutes south and invading the Outerbanks of NC... those are maybe the best beaches on the east coast, and only a hoot and a holler down the road.... also no hassles... lots of line of sight on Jockey's ridge... you could fly a Phantom to Manteo and land it beside Shallow Bag Bay in a clearing and never loose sight if you had binoculars.

Unfortunately I work for that company who owns most of the 'tall buildings' at the oceanfront. Not that it is a bad thing, but I totally can relate to what you are saying. Virginia Beach has been losing the 'local' touch in regard to the overall sense of the city due to commercialization. Although our local economy is undoubtedly benefiting from the tourism, we are also losing touch with our local roots so it is unfortunate. Outerbanks and Hatteras are definitely great locations to visit no doubt. However my company has plans to open a hotel in the Outerbanks area (I think)....uh oh?

PinkFloyd4Runner said:
... Outerbanks and Hatteras are definitely great locations to visit no doubt. However my company has plans to open a hotel in the Outerbanks area (I think)....uh oh?

As far as I know, it will never be a skyscraper... all buildings must come in lower than the Wright Memorial Monument from my memories (lived on the OBX for a decade almost- taught hanggliding , dual and quad line kites, and yo-yo to the tourons)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik