is very light rain/drizzle ok to fly in?

Reaction score
Got my phantom 3 standard on tuesday and i still havent managed to get it off the ground due to the rubbish british weather!

Today is light drizzle and i just want to test it out....is it ok to do so? Or best left until better weather?

Thanks!

Doyle

Got my phantom 3 standard on tuesday and i still havent managed to get it off the ground due to the rubbish british weather!

Today is light drizzle and i just want to test it out....is it ok to do so? Or best left until better weather?

Thanks!

Doyle

There is a moisture sensing sticker under the PCB above the battery compartment. If it gets wet your warranty might be void.

It's not a good idea to fly in any conditions that'll allow water to enter the motors and/or the Phantom.

I'm also in the UK so I know what u mean! Personally I would not fly in the rain even if light. check out YouTube Greece Rhodes 2015 Matt Poole, take your drone on holiday for the ultimate experience!! Happy flying.
DJI_0019-20151021-190807597.jpg

I would not. it is basically a computer with motors, something is going to short. None of the boards are cheap, not to mention the damage that happens when it tumbles out of the sky.

We
I would not. it is basically a computer with motors, something is going to short. None of the boards are cheap, not to mention the damage that happens when it tumbles out of the sky.
well put m8.

Yep, no intrusion ratings, heck you can see the motor windings! Basically that means non condensing environment. Drizzle/mist would be a definite no-no. Especially if you're near an ocean. Salt creep is like cancer to electronics. And once it gets in there the only way to get it out is full teardown and washing the pcb with organic solvents. Not fun.

No. Even flight briefly through light fog can soak your machine. I won't do it again because I didn't think it was going to get that wet. Great shots but not worth the risk to me as an amateur photographer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20