Is using DJI Go the only way to update latest firmware?

Reaction score
What happened is that I just got my new Phantom 3 Pro, (I know, that is the real Problem I'm a newbie) and my copy of DJI GO would not allow me to access the drone saying that I needed to update my firmware. So I went online and watched a number of firmware updates on You tube. They all showed using a Micro SD card and copying the Zip/Bin file, I had a new 64 Gig Micro SD card that I wanted to replace the standard 16 Gig card, so I thought great thats what I was going to do. However, after starting the upgrade I came across the PDF file from DJI on updating firmware. Reading it it says "You must use DJI GO to upgrade unless you have version 1.3.00 or earlier. Is that the truth? What can I do now? Can I use the old not upgraded 16 Gig card? If is doesn't upgrade can you start over? Thanks for any help. Im currently waiting to see if it will upgrade however, the front light is still flashing red.

I shut it down after 45 minutes and inserted the original 16 Gig original card. Restarted everything. This time everything connected. I got the message that I needed to upgrade the controller and so I am doing that. It is upgrading to 1.6 right now. I know that the latest is 1.8.80 so I think it is going to be a long night. Anyway seems to be going well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20