Is this what my compass should look like?

Reaction score
I just calibrated it and just wanted to make sure it looks good. When I took it out yesterday, it was drifting alot and wouldnt stay in one place.

https://flic.kr/p/nUCZ7J

This is reassuring info, so when I see the green light blinking normally then a red flash that is just a warning that I am at the GPS threshold? I did not get the red flash on the old firmware. Flew last night and had significant drifting with 6 sats. It made me terminate the flight early.

Gatordent said:
This is reassuring info, so when I see the green light blinking normally then a red flash that is just a warning that I am at the GPS threshold? I did not get the red flash on the old firmware. Flew last night and had significant drifting with 6 sats. It made me terminate the flight early.

Me too, I had 6 sats and it was drifting everywhere. I didnt take any chances and stoped

Gatordent said:

The LED pattern you describe is typical of exactly 6 sats in NAZA mode. I assume u r running NAZA mode. If you are running phantom mode, a red flash is not expected WRT satellites. The flash is not firmware related either I don't think.

Lol thanks! I updated the firmware then changed to NAZA mode. So I assumed it was a firmware change. Going to try the foil trick I always skirt the danger zone 6-5 sats. Doesn't give me confidence to fly out further.

Gatordent said:

That's exactly what it means. Personally, I prefer to wait for 7 satellites, though I have been in areas where I could only get 6 while on the ground and chose to launch anyway. As soon as you get up in the air and clear of trees & buildings obstructing the horizon, you usually pick up several more satellites and the hover will stabilize.

Jeffin916 said:
I just calibrated it and just wanted to make sure it looks good. When I took it out yesterday, it was drifting alot and wouldnt stay in one place.

https://flic.kr/p/nUCZ7J

Your settings are beautiful.. close to zero and around 1600 so to me I think yours settings are great. Btw, I have found that when I first take off I might drift quite a bit, but I just fly close by for a few minutes and it will start to behave properly. At first it will drift quite a bit, then when I bring it back or stop it somewhere it stays put right there. Even in the wind

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers