Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is this what my compass should look like?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Jeffin916, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Jeffin916

I just calibrated it and just wanted to make sure it looks good. When I took it out yesterday, it was drifting alot and wouldnt stay in one place.

https://flic.kr/p/nUCZ7J
    [​IMG]

2. Geoelectro

Yes. If you hover your mouse or the question mark it explains all the settings and what the norms are.

Geo

3. Jeffin916

Thank you, appreciate it

4. Jeffin916

Thanks.
    So when I am taking it out and it is drifting when I am not hitting the sticks, wasnt very windy, is that calibration?

5. Dirty Bird

It could be compass needs adjusting, or you have a weak GPS lock. If you only have 6 satellites sometimes it will dance around.

6. Gatordent

This is reassuring info, so when I see the green light blinking normally then a red flash that is just a warning that I am at the GPS threshold? I did not get the red flash on the old firmware. Flew last night and had significant drifting with 6 sats. It made me terminate the flight early.

7. Jeffin916

Me too, I had 6 sats and it was drifting everywhere. I didnt take any chances and stoped

8. BlackTracer

The LED pattern you describe is typical of exactly 6 sats in NAZA mode. I assume u r running NAZA mode. If you are running phantom mode, a red flash is not expected WRT satellites. The flash is not firmware related either I don't think.

9. Gatordent

Lol thanks! I updated the firmware then changed to NAZA mode. So I assumed it was a firmware change. Going to try the foil trick I always skirt the danger zone 6-5 sats. Doesn't give me confidence to fly out further.

10. srandall25

11. Dirty Bird

That's exactly what it means. Personally, I prefer to wait for 7 satellites, though I have been in areas where I could only get 6 while on the ground and chose to launch anyway. As soon as you get up in the air and clear of trees & buildings obstructing the horizon, you usually pick up several more satellites and the hover will stabilize.

12. Wedeliver

Your settings are beautiful.. close to zero and around 1600 so to me I think yours settings are great. Btw, I have found that when I first take off I might drift quite a bit, but I just fly close by for a few minutes and it will start to behave properly. At first it will drift quite a bit, then when I bring it back or stop it somewhere it stays put right there. Even in the wind