Is this the way it's supposed to behave?

Reaction score
With the new controller (dial for gimbal control) does it always default back to 45 degrees when releasing the wheel? Meaning when I move the gimbal to a straight out horizon view, shouldn't it stay there until I move it somewhere else?

plug the phantom to the Assistant go to Basic tab, select RC and change the controller type from Basic to upgraded.
keep in mind that gimbal movement gain can not be controlled anymore, i think. it will always move with the same speed
but you will see that it doesn't return back to 45 degrees when you move it now.

hunch said:
plug the phantom to the Assistant go to Basic tab, select RC and change the controller type from Basic to upgraded.
keep in mind that gimbal movement gain can not be controlled anymore, i think. it will always move with the same speed
but you will see that it doesn't return back to 45 degrees when you move it now.

Upgraded was already checked...I went back to standard and then to upgraded again with no luck.

I have the new version of the vision plus. When I release the dial the gimble will hold the current location. My gimble movements are very jerky with the dial, but smooth with the app. Are your movements smooth but not holding?

Bayou flyer said:
I have the new version of the vision plus. When I release the dial the gimble will hold the current location. My gimble movements are very jerky with the dial, but smooth with the app. Are your movements smooth but not holding?

Exactly how I'd describe it. Smooth moves but if I let go and it snaps back to center then so does the gimbal. It doesn't stay where I left it.

I was given this info in another post and it corrected all issues with my gimble control.

I cant find the **** link.<br />Search here ain't the best. A user named MopBar figured it out.. So give him cred please.<br /><br />What you need to is uninstall Remote Control Assist 1.1.<br />Download it again from DJI site and install.<br />Start the Remote Control Assist.<br />Plug in the Transmitter remote control and click calibrate - move all the sticks, then move the tilt-wheel up and down, then flickup/down with the Toggle switches S1 and S2 then click finish.<br />Close down the RC assist.<br />Start your phantom 3.6 Assist and calibrate again by moving all the sticks and then calibrate X1 (tilt Wheel).<br /><br />Let me know if it works..<br/>

Guess what? I'm in the same face down boat during start up. ddublu mine does not hit its lens when doing the IMU initialization. (But its close)

I'm pretty sure even my old remote did this during initialization, but then came up to the the lever position right afterwards.

Confirmed. Rebound old transmitter did all calibrations etc. During IMU initialization it went face down rocked left and right. Then faced the gopro at the pot position of x1 lever.

Since the new dial remote does does not have analog position to go to, it stays facing down. One would think DJI could fix this to go to up position after IMU initialization, but then again its DJI!

Damon said:
Confirmed. Rebound old transmitter did all calibrations etc. During IMU initialization it went face down rocked left and right. Then faced the gopro at the pot position of x1 lever.

Since the new dial remote does does not have analog position to go to, it stays facing down. One would think DJI could fix this to go to up position after IMU initialization, but then again its DJI!

Wow, must have jinxed you...sorry! Hoping for a fix soon!

Just to be clear... I've seen nothing on DJI's website that would lead me to believe that the new TX will work with the P2V. But I can think of no reason why it wouldn't. Does anyone with an original P2V have the new TX? And if so... how's it going? :D

Thanks...
-slinger

dirkclod said:
Bayou flyer said:
I was given this info in another post and it corrected all issues with my gimble control.

I cant find the **** link.<br />Search here ain't the best. A user named MopBar figured it out.. So give him cred please.<br /><br />What you need to is uninstall Remote Control Assist 1.1.<br />Download it again from DJI site and install.<br />Start the Remote Control Assist.<br />Plug in the Transmitter remote control and click calibrate - move all the sticks, then move the tilt-wheel up and down, then flickup/down with the Toggle switches S1 and S2 then click finish.<br />Close down the RC assist.<br />Start your phantom 3.6 Assist and calibrate again by moving all the sticks and then calibrate X1 (tilt Wheel).<br /><br />Let me know if it works..<br/>
Try this search next time ,it's in sticky's in GD ;) https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... jku2ysgyhi

Not following you...what am I missing?

Geert

It is pretty smooth, just takes time to get used to using index finger on upper side.

I have not tested out any distance flights to see if range is the same as old remote.

Not really sure about the throttle lock at bottom of left stick. Seems like a non needed item. Unless you fly really high up and don't want to hold the throttle down for extended time.

On a side note, I hate DJI batteries! And now I have a remote with their batteries ;)

Damon said:
Geert

It is pretty smooth, just takes time to get used to using index finger on upper side.

I have not tested out any distance flights to see if range is the same as old remote.

Not really sure about the throttle lock at bottom of left stick. Seems like a non needed item. Unless you fly really high up and don't want to hold the throttle down for extended time.

On a side note, I hate DJI batteries! And now I have a remote with their batteries ;)

It is definitely smooth but starting up in face down position sucks.

ddublu said:
With the new controller (dial for gimbal control) does it always default back to 45 degrees when releasing the wheel? Meaning when I move the gimbal to a straight out horizon view, shouldn't it stay there until I move it somewhere else?
Are you using a h3-2d gimbal? If so it is NOT compatible with the new controller.... You will need to purchase a h3-3d.... I know it sucks I contacted Dji and they told me they "forgot" to test the h3-2d with new controller because it had been discontinued for a while.....

AlTiTuDe06 said:
ddublu said:
Are you using a h3-2d gimbal? If so it is NOT compatible with the new controller.... You will need to purchase a h3-3d.... I know it sucks I contacted Dji and they told me they "forgot" to test the h3-2d with new controller because it had been discontinued for a while.....

I use an H3-3D.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31