is this the right gps module?

Hey Froggy
I thought you had this sorted out..... Phantom 1 & 2 are now old hat, I'm surprised that this mod is still around, I would buy one now whilst the supplier to posted the link to still has some, he only lists 4 available, I'd buy one now...
Waylander

i wanted to
Hey Froggy
I thought you had this sorted out..... Phantom 1 & 2 are now old hat, I'm surprised that this mod is still around, I would buy one now whilst the supplier to posted the link to still has some, he only lists 4 available, I'd buy one now...
Waylander
just double checking to see if this is the right one before i order it

i wanted to

just double checking to see if this is the right one before i order it

It's the correct ceramic antenna. But don't be surprised if all the modification you are making to the GPS do not increase the number of satellites or the length of time it takes to receive 6 or more for home lock.

It's the correct ceramic antenna. But don't be surprised if all the modification you are making to the GPS do not increase the number of satellites or the length of time it takes to receive 6 or more for home lock.
what do you mean? do you mean that the mod might not work?

what do you mean? do you mean that the mod might not work?

I have a 4mm ceramic antenna installed in my own P2. An have not seen significant difference in the number of satellites or length of time it takes for home lock between the original 2mm antenna. Throughout the years i have heard many claims of this an that but they are what they are just claims not fact.

If you what to know how many satellites will cross your path at any give time of day use this link. Location Lookup

if its saying 10 under elevation mask, does that mean there are 10 sats?

Make sure you set the correct time zone for your location. If you lower the elevation mask to say 0 the number of satellites increase relative to the time and will lower the number of satellites if the number is increased above 10.

The P2's GPS modules does not include Glonass satellites only the US sat. Since there are 24 civilian satellites available the chart only goes to 15 and if the elevation number were 0 the highest number of satellites would only be 14 for a very short period of time throughout the day.

Make sure you set the correct time zone for your location. If you lower the elevation mask to say 0 the number of satellites increase relative to the time and will lower the number of satellites if the number is increased above 10.

The P2's GPS modules does not include Glonass satellites only the US sat. Since there are 24 civilian satellites available the chart only goes to 15 and if the elevation number were 0 the highest number of satellites would only be 14 for a very short period of time throughout the day.

thank you for the reply

all in all, is it worth doing this mod?

thank you for the reply

All in all, is it worth doing this mod?

froggy8
Personally I would go along with what "Jason" says, who knows for sure, without suck it and see,
With my old P2 I regularly got a fix on 10 satellites, with the my original antenna, and you know my location, so hey take a leap it's only a tenner or so ;)
Waylander

Reactions: froggy8
thank you for the reply

all in all, is it worth doing this mod?

If you what to try it go ahead. No many of my takeoffs i only have six or seven satellites but once it gain altitude the sat count increases an even with the 4mm antenna i have never seen more then 13 satellites.

Reactions: froggy8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers