Is this the expected sound when P2V is simply ON?

Reaction score
I just set up a P2V and would like to know if this the following sound emanating from it is "normal". This is after the ESC's finish their thing. It's kinda loud, at least in a quiet room. Motors are off; this is just the sound of the ESC's and... what?? Is there a fan inside it?

Sound of P2V

trwalp said:
I just set up a P2V and would like to know if this the following sound emanating from it is "normal". This is after the ESC's finish their thing. It's kinda loud, at least in a quiet room. Motors are off; this is just the sound of the ESC's and... what?? Is there a fan inside it?

Sound of P2V

the humming/buzzing sound is normal, thats due to a small fan...

Thanks to all who replied. Just starting out I didn't know what to expect. Now I do!!

trwalp said:
Thanks to all who replied. Just starting out I didn't know what to expect. Now I do!!

I was in your situation a week ago with the same question - its like no sound i have ever heard coming from electronics before!

Luckily there are these forums otherwise I would have been baffled and worried.

drmalik said:
trwalp said:

Sound of P2V

the humming/buzzing sound is normal, thats due to a small fan...

There is no fan, this is the sound the single servo makes on the gimbal.

trwalp said:

Sound of P2V

WOW!!! I'm going to make that my ring tone!!! :lol:

No problem! It's not exactly the world's biggest air mover - although if taking off in a very dusty/sandy location I'd probably want to take off from my flight case rather than the ground knowing that little guy is there. I've seen the price for a replacement Vision camera unit and I want to save myself from having to spend another £350 if I can help it... :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4