Is this sign of bad battery

Reaction score
Had to go to atti mode last night. Was out about a mile, got a Rth due to low battery at 65%. Then went to critical battery and AC started to auto land at 2000ft. Switched to atti mode after seeing AC descending. Hit full up throttle and ascended to 300 ft. Was dark out and had los thanks to polar pro led lights flashing. Nursed it home against head wind and landed at 1% battery. Was that possible or was I getting false data? Had checked battery status and all cells within specs. Am afraid to use this battery anymore! When I charge it I have a solid red power on button but the LEDs are showing normal charging. Did a battery test by holding down power on button for 5 seconds and it shows 80% battery left. I thought motors would stop when battery was below 10 %. Thanks for anybody's input. Also flew with my 3 other batteries with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Please upload your flight log here and post a link back here so we can review this flight in more detail.

I thought motors would stop when battery was below 10 %.
The battery will shut off if any of the cells hit 3.0V.

Had to go to atti mode last night. Was out about a mile, got a Rth due to low battery at 65%. Then went to critical battery and AC started to auto land at 2000ft. Switched to atti mode after seeing AC descending. Hit full up throttle and ascended to 300 ft. Was dark out and had los thanks to polar pro led lights flashing. Nursed it home against head wind and landed at 1% battery. Was that possible or was I getting false data? Had checked battery status and all cells within specs. Am afraid to use this battery anymore! When I charge it I have a solid red power on button but the LEDs are showing normal charging. Did a battery test by holding down power on button for 5 seconds and it shows 80% battery left. I thought motors would stop when battery was below 10 %. Thanks for anybody's input. Also flew with my 3 other batteries with no issues.
Yes, upload your log to msinger's link, I will load mine up from earlier this year, mine didn't make it home because of a head wind.

Rod

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Be VERY careful trying to over-ride stretch the flight on ANY critical error but especially Critical Battery error. While it could be just a "glitch" in the programming Critical means get on the ground NOW. At least by landing off-site you still have the ability to control the descent but had the battery hit the CRITICAL Critical Low and show down (designed to try and preserve the battery) you would have lost all control (and video link etc).

My advice would be to land immediately unless it was over water, highway or something else similar.

Glad you made it back and hopefully the logs will give some clues.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Be VERY careful trying to over-ride stretch the flight on ANY critical error but especially Critical Battery error. While it could be just a "glitch" in the programming Critical means get on the ground NOW. At least by landing off-site you still have the ability to control the descent but had the battery hit the CRITICAL Critical Low and show down (designed to try and preserve the battery) you would have lost all control (and video link etc).

My advice would be to land immediately unless it was over water, highway or something else similar.

Glad you made it back and hopefully the logs will give some clues.
If I would have landed right away it was 2000ft out. Would not have found it . Need to get a gps tracker!

Where are the requested logs?
Yes, I will when I can, just got back on line. When the other R.P. loads up his, I will change my Priority.
;)

Here is the data you will see,
My flight, RTH was working until the battery died, then it headed back to china by the shortest route (RTC).
If you have the google plugin, you can see a 3D view if you zoom in.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

One of my stories,
Advanced - Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?

O.K. RP, your turn, I am not giving up!

Let us know where your stuck.
;)

Rod
Charged battery, all cells show good voltage. Will fly with it tonight! My internet keeps dropping out. I read somewhere that latest go app fixes a issue with getting text log files off of iPad. May have to update go app which I really don't want to do. Still on 2.8.3. Firmware is still on 1.8.80. Flew last night with other 4 batteries. No issues!

From an iPad you have to use iTunes, go-app is not the issue.

This video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
explains it for iTunes, the last step, is upload the file to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ instead of healthy drones.

I have an Android that I have the Go-app on it and sync my flights with DJI's cloud between the two devices, then I connect the Android to the PC, and upload from there, iTunes is an irritation to me.

Rod

I have iTunes and followed the video exactly but would not show dji log file
Ok, I will try when I get home (5 hrs), Only have iTunes installed on a WinXp computer in my garage.
To get dji-go software on my old iPad2, I used iFunbox, I guess I don't know if iFunbox is for Windows, or for Mac and Windows, but it shows you a lot more of whats on your icrApple.

Supposed to be over 100 F to day, and my garage isn't insulated, will see if any of my computers will be functioning.
Current temp from my weather station,
Weather | Personal Weather Station: KORHOODR6 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground

Rod

Sorry man, but no go, did you get those from logs?
You should have got it from flight records?
the filename should be like this.

"DJIFlightRecord_2015-08-25_[19-41-29].txt"

Rod

That's the only thing I could find on iTunes. Never had to upload anything so this is all new to me. Will try again if internet quits cutting out.

That's the only thing I could find on iTunes. Never had to upload anything so this is all new to me. Will try again if internet quits cutting out.

Took me out 15 mins, had to watch the video twice when I got home.

IMG_7573.JPG

IMG_7574.JPG

So how far are you making it?

What are you using for a computer?

I didn't make it to 100. :eek:

IMG_7571.PNG

Rod

This week it is the Pacific North sWeat
:rolleyes:

I give up. Tried using earlier version of iTunes and won't even run. I 'm running Window7. I charged the battery and stuck it in AC . Everything normal. All cells within specs. I have 4 other batteries and a new p3p that's never been used which I bought over 2 months ago so I would have a backup.

I give up. Tried using earlier version of iTunes and won't even run. I 'm running Window7. I charged the battery and stuck it in AC . Everything normal. All cells within specs. I have 4 other batteries and a new p3p that's never been used which I bought over 2 months ago so I would have a backup.

Used battery in question for 2 flights. No issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic