[CLOSED] Is this real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Two things make me suspect that this is faked.

1. it looks like the guy flying it was driving a vehicle with emergency lights on it, making me think he was one of the firefighters.

2. The video goes to static when the water hits the drone, as far as I know that is not what happens when you lose signal, i think it was added in post production.

The original video didn't have the static at all, I saw him landing it at the end of the video.

Yes, it's real. That's not the original video. Someone cut off the end where the Phantom flies away without any problems.

I saw that video when it was first posted by some guy. I couldn't see any anomalies. I was surprised the poster was bragging about it and blaming the firefighters on an easily accessible forum.

That video made the news few weeks ago, like msinger said- cut at end

I saw that video when it was first posted by some guy. I couldn't see any anomalies. I was surprised the poster was bragging about it and blaming the firefighters on an easily accessible forum.

He didn't do anything wrong. Why wouldn't he be able to brag. This is a very informing video. Other firefighters can actually see aerial view of burning houses and experience what its like in real situations. The firefighters are just asses. The only reason I can see them wanting to shoot down the phantom is because they don't want any proof of the lazy sobs sitting in front of the house doing nothing pointing fingers at the one guy who is actually trying to put the fire out.

As a volunteer EMS I can state that more robust platforms have proven to be very helpful in aerial views of search and rescue and finding people stuck in houses after a natural disaster. That being said, there have been several issues lately with drones getting in the way of missions which is more than a nuisance and can put lives in danger. It reminds me of the movie Nightcrawler where Jake G's character was getting in the face of victims for the news closeup while paramedics are fighting to save the person's life. You can judge the firefighters' response all you want but unless you know their protocols then you probably should stay silent. As for the guy who posted it, I would be cautious right now on these types of issues. The authorities confiscated an owner's drone just for flying next to a Veteran's Admin location. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As a volunteer EMS I can state that more robust platforms have proven to be very helpful in aerial views of search and rescue and finding people stuck in houses after a natural disaster. That being said, there have been several issues lately with drones getting in the way of missions which is more than a nuisance and can put lives in danger. It reminds me of the movie Nightcrawler where Jake G's character was getting in the face of victims for the news closeup while paramedics are fighting to save the person's life. You can judge the firefighters' response all you want but unless you know their protocols then you probably should stay silent. As for the guy who posted it, I would be cautious right now on these types of issues. The authorities confiscated an owner's drone just for flying next to a Veteran's Admin location. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Oh can it. I couldn't even finish half of your paragraph. A nuisance really? This guy wasn't doing anything wrong. Tell those fat lazy sobs sitting around doing nothing to actually do something. If this were my video I would be sure to send it to their chief for informing rookie fighters and to see what he has to say about our people paying for these guys to sit in a driveway and stare at a house burning.

Sounds like your anti quad copter buddy and you shouldn't be in this fourm. This forum is not to point out all the wrongs of quad copters and how there potentially dangerous. Its to point out how beneficial they can be. Go find another forum to rant in like your retired ems fourm.

where is Mal, the troll cop when ya need him......

In what way was the drone being a nuisance?

In what way was the drone being a nuisance?
If you look at the end of the video, you can see how close the drone actually was to the fire. I'm sorry but the P2 (maybe not the P3 as much) makes a lot of noise within a few hundred feet. It is really not for the firefighters to have to deal with someone inhibiting an effort in such a manner. The fact that I'm called a troll and that I am somehow anti "quadcopter" (What does that even mean?) shows me perhaps this forum is taking a turn for the worse and perhaps I should spend my time on another forum. Between all the name calling and Abspapa crapping all over every thread I'm kind of getting tired of this infighting. You can disagree with me but you don't need to call people names as ad hominem attacks do nothing to raise the level of discourse here.

Usual response from a firefighter when they get called out they know it all and you can't talk or use simple logic with them. What they say is how it is and there is no exceptions. I was in law enforcement and they would come in and act if they where in charge and that we needed to leave the area. Lots of arrogance!

Usual response from a firefighter when they get called out they know it all and you can't talk or use simple logic with them. What they say is how it is and there is no exceptions. I was in law enforcement and they would come in and act if they where in charge and that we needed to leave the area. Lots of arrogance!

Throw a few in a car and they stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.