Is this normal?

Reaction score
On Sunday I used my PA. I started up the controller and the DJI app and then powered on the quad. After the quad initialized the app told me that there were no satellites available and it was in Attitude mode. When I looked at the switch it was on P mode. The app kept telling me that there were no satellites still. So I forced closed the app and went back into the DJI app and it found the satellites and I was back in P mode.

A similar situation happened to me about 2 weeks ago when it was telling me that the quad was warming up so I forced closed the app and went back in and the problem went away.

I am using the IOS app by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can take anywhere from a few moments to a minute or so for GPS lock. A really solid GPS lock can take a few minutes. Are you sure you just don't need to be a little more patient? How long are you waiting before recycling the app?

Reactions: dirtybum
I can take anywhere from a few moments to a minute or so for GPS lock. A really solid GPS lock can take a few minutes. Are you sure you just don't need to be a little more patient? How long are you waiting before recycling the app?
I agree. Most of the time, the app picks-up sats immediately, but I've had the same problem on a couple of previous occasions. Last time I just left the app to see if it picked up any satellites. After a minute it did pick up four and after another 30 odd seconds, another five. It's weird why there wouldn't be any delay 90% of the time and then, randomly, there would be. Most odd....

I agree. Most of the time, the app picks-up sats immediately, but I've had the same problem on a couple of previous occasions. Last time I just left the app to see if it picked up any satellites. After a minute it did pick up four and after another 30 odd seconds, another five. It's weird why there wouldn't be any delay 90% of the time and then, randomly, there would be. Most odd....
And just to be clear, the app does not pick up the sats. The GPS module in the aircraft does that. The app only reports what the aircraft is doing. (i.e. closing and restarting the app in no way affects your GPS lock.)

Reactions: Numone
The GPS board has a small super-cap on it to store the GPS constellation almanac and ephemeris data (similar to a back up battery).

If this has fully drained then it takes time for that data to be downloaded and for the receiver to align.

This maybe what you are experiencing.

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks
And just to be clear, the app does not pick up the sats. The GPS module in the aircraft does that. The app only reports what the aircraft is doing. (i.e. closing and restarting the app in no way affects your GPS lock.)
Its true that App displays what it receives from the aircraft. But think of the processes: Aircraft sends the info to RC and RC communicates with App on tablet or phone. Any link of the chain can cause the issue if communication is improper or device is overloaded.

In short, there are chances that App does not reflect the correct status but the issue is that App issues and manipulates the messages to user.

Reactions: Numone

It was long enough for me to look at the screen and the top wasn't green then trying to read it through the sunshade resulting in me walking over to my car and get inside the car to read the display. So I would say maybe 3-5 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl