Is this Normal

Reaction score
I got my new bird about three weeks ago and have been having a great time with it. Two questions:

1) I was flying today, practicing ATTI mode using both course lock and home lock. High wind came up and I was between trees, so to be careful I flipped S2 back to GPS, not thinking about S1 which I left in the middle course lock position. Flight controls were now turned 90%. If I pushed to go right it went back, back went left, etc.. The orientation of the Phantom was the same as when I launched it. I was under the impression that in GPS mode the S1 switch did nothing. Is this false? When I flipped S1 to the top, then the Phantom controls flew as I would expect. I may have started compass orientation rotated 90%, and so does the Phantom take its course lock heading from where you begin compass calibration?

2) The propellers often make a high pitched noise in addition to sound of the prop moving through the air, is this normal.

thanks in advance for all the help.

I think you have S1 and S2 switch confused. S2 does not select gps. You may want to think about it and ask again so we can help

hilljf said:
I may have started compass orientation rotated 90%, and so does the Phantom take its course lock heading from where you begin compass calibration?
Whichever direction the Phantom is in when it marks its home point is the direction it will head when course lock is enabled.

hilljf said:
The propellers often make a high pitched noise in addition to sound of the prop moving through the air
The only sound difference I ever noticed is when descending straight down too quickly (anything above ~3 MPH). And, if you hear a funny sound when descending, it's best to slow down because you're mostly likely heading toward a VRS crash.

Perhaps I do have the switch names confused. The switch on my right up is in GPS mode. Switch on the Left in middle is Home lock. In GPS is the home lock switch still active then?

thanks again,

Left switch is S2 (backwards from most peoples thinking).
This is the IOS selector if in Naza mode and IOC enabled.

S2:
Top position- Off
Middle- Course Lock
Bottom- Home Lock

Yes GPS is still enabled as long as S1 is in the proper position.

The right switch is S1....top position is gps..middle is atti...bottom is atti, failsafe , or manual. depending how you have it assigned in assistant by connecting to computer,
Left switch is S2. Top is off...middle is course lock...bottom is home lock if you selected IOC in assistant by connecting to computer.

msinger said:
Whichever direction the Phantom is in when it marks its home point is the direction it will head when course lock is enabled.

This not correct. Whichever direction the Phantom is facing when course direction is marked is the direction it will head when course lock is enabled.

BlackTracer said:
msinger said:

This not correct. Whichever direction the Phantom is facing when course direction is marked is the direction it will head when course lock is enabled.
When is the course direction marked?

Well, it's kind of true since powering up on the ground, it gets course lock first ...first set of rapid green flashes..then home lock which is second set of rapid green flashes. They are not locked in till motors are started CSC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav