Is this normal?

Reaction score
Hi there,

Received my Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D in the mail yesterday and fired 'er up. Haven't tested connecting a camera to it yet, but was wondering if this is normal behavior:

https://vid.me/h88B

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The gimbal should not be powered up without gopro. It is balanced to gopro weight installed. It could cause damage.

If you feel the need to fly prior to buying a go pro, just unplug the gray ribbon cable from the back of it. Possibly taking the gimbal off completely until you get real familiar with flight characteristics and p2 orientation issues.

If you buy a go pro 4 be aware that some mention having to dremel away some of the h3-3d to allow for the change of new designed side buttons.

Damon said:
If you feel the need to fly prior to buying a go pro, just unplug the gray ribbon cable from the back of it. Possibly taking the gimbal off completely until you get real familiar with flight characteristics and p2 orientation issues.

If you buy a go pro 4 be aware that some mention having to dremel away some of the h3-3d to allow for the change of new designed side buttons.
I didn't have to do this with mine but had to balance it since it's heavier (penny on the motor) and it works as well as my GPH3+

Thanks for the tips! Good to know that it's easy to disconnect it.

I received my GoPro 3+ today and attached it and I think everything is okay. It starts up and doesn't do anything too crazy-looking.:)

However, I'm not sure if this noise is normal - sounds a bit like a fan whirring when it's not doing anything? Took a short video (showing startup and me testing it)

https://vid.me/kxbW

It appears to be normal. Humming is normal. I notice it more when camera is facing straight forward. Slight tilt down quiets it down to nothing.

In case you have not read or been told. DO NOT TURN WI-FI ON DURING FLIGHT. BLUE LIGHT MEANS BAD MOJO.

Damon said:
It appears to be normal. Humming is normal. I notice it more when camera is facing straight forward. Slight tilt down quiets it down to nothing.

In case you have not read or been told. DO NOT TURN WI-FI ON DURING FLIGHT. BLUE LIGHT MEANS BAD MOJO.

Thanks. Much appreciated. I've read about turning off the wi-fi on the GoPro - thanks for the reminder!

Hi Cam,
Your H3-3D seems fairly quiet compared to mine.

It is normal for the motor to buzz somewhat. The noise comes from the motors doing small corrections (several hundred times per second) to keep the camera level. If there are 300 corrections every second you will hear a 300hz hum. The more work the motors have to do, the louder the buzz. It is normal, even my Vision+ gimbal made a noise.

The thing I do after every flight is feel the temperature of my gimbal and flight motors. If they are hot to the touch this will indicate a problem. Slightly warm is OK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31