Is this micro SD Card Sufficient?

Reaction score
The Ultra cards write at about 15MB/s, so they should technically work for 4K recording. If it ends up not working well for some reason, you can find a list of memory cards that do work well here.

Reactions: gryffinwings
The Ultra cards write at about 15MB/s, so they should technically work for 4K recording. If it ends up not working well for some reason, you can find a list of memory cards that do work well here.

Thank you so much for the information, because the only thing Sandisk mentions is transfer speed, and that is quite annoying. Seems like my card might be woefully inadequate, will be looking at purchasing a Lexar card, seems much better to me. Thank you so much for the response!

The Phantom records 4K video at 7.5MB/s. That's why I'm saying it should technically work. That's of course assuming the memory card does not ever drop below 7.5MB/s while writing data.

Hello msinger. I have a question for u, but it's a little off topic. Can u recommend a SD card Reader/Writer for iPad mini 3. I only have 16gb and would like to be able to Write to SD and be able to save pics/video on SD without using up all my storage on my iPad?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
You cannot write data directly to an SD card.

Is there any way to Write pics/vids from iPad mini to any storage device, via an adapter like the Apple SD card Reader?
You can manually copy/move the files. However, you cannot write directly to an external storage device.

sandisk makes a device called a "connect", and i have one. Its a storage device that creates a mini wifi network that you connect to and use the sandisk app to copy files/videos to/from your iDevice to the sandisk device. you can also connect up to 3 devices to do it move files around as you please. Its a pretty cool little thing to have on trips.

sandisk makes a device called a "connect", and i have one. Its a storage device that creates a mini wifi network that you connect to and use the sandisk app to copy files/videos to/from your iDevice to the sandisk device. you can also connect up to 3 devices to do it move files around as you please. Its a pretty cool little thing to have on trips.

Thanks Droneworx. I'll check it out, sounds like just what I need...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan