Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is this legal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phantomix, May 28, 2016.

1. Phantomix

I have a P4, and I have been flying it around my harbor at 350-400ft lately. I have been following all of the FCC rules, but every few hours on the weekends, a biplane flys by at 200-400 ft, increasing the risk of a collision. Should I stop flying my P4 here? I think that they have all required permits, but here is their website: Classic Aviators on Martha's Vineyard Island
    TIA!

2. With The Birds

This is, at least to me, a pretty obvious yes.

As a minimum i would enquire with the operator as to where they plan to fly and when.

Venturing into airspace where you have a reasonable expectation full scale AC are operating is tempting fate.

3. Phill2

Our emergency helis fly at 200 ft here so you need to keep a lookout and listen for them

4. jcknows0

I am in Northern NJ which is highly congested air space. There are many medivacs and sometimes low flying sports planes. I have flown over the Hudson from Liberty State Park where tourist choppers abound. Fly lower than normal and you will be fine. No copter or plane will be flying below 100 feet unless they are crashing and you can always quickly descend if they are approaching.

5. Mark The Droner

Not sure what FCC rules have to do with the content of your post ;)