Is this forum now called "I lost or crashed my P3P" forum?

In the Phantom 1/2 heyday, there was a lot higher chance of something going wrong just because Naza was still in its (relative) infancy and the birds didn't have the same level of smarts they do now. Once Lightbridge hit the scene and especially when the P4 came along, both the random flyaways and the number of videos on YouTube of "phantom crashes vol X" dropped off.
I don't think you should include the P1 in that list. I have 3...no problems at all.

If you don't like what you see in this forum you don't need to be here. Actually you can start your own forum. Then if something is posted that you don't like you can just delete it. It's easy to get started. Just go to Facebook.com.

That's really productive of you. Great contribution Dan. See, I've lost two due to their issues not mine. They replaced both, took about 4 months for each but still...I keep hoping to read more success stories here. We keep trying to get DJI's attention on QA for SW and HW but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

That's really productive of you. Great contribution Dan. See, I've lost two due to their issues not mine. They replaced both, took about 4 months for each but still...I keep hoping to read more success stories here. We keep trying to get DJI's attention on QA for SW and HW but it seems to fall on deaf ears.
Personally I had no experience with RC anything before the Phantom 3. Have owned it for slightly less than one year and probably already have about 45 flights under my belt with zero crashes, but a couple close calls that were completely my fault. Personally I think the SW and HW of a DJI Phantom is awesome, can't believe the value for the dollar. So there is a success story for you. And I contribute the main reason to this success is taking my time to learn the system and not pushing boundaries before I was 100% confident.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I consider myself experienced in all things aeronautical. Been flying since I was 15. Started in an Aeronca Champ in 1961. Flew RC airplanes and gliders for a while. Would never take a chance. However, I must tell you, actually confess to you, what happened to me just yesterday. I went out for a practice flight with my Phantom 3 Pro. Set RTH at 250 feet. Full battery. Then flew out to 1,700 feet in one direction and then made a 90% turn and went out a total of 2 miles. I was viewing in map mode, not camera. The battery got low, but no warning yet. So I decided to head for home. I hit the RTH button and sure enough I saw the little blue triangle turn toward me and head my way. The Pro then ascended up to 250 feet as planned. So far so good. I looked at the "instruments". It was coming home at 24 MPH at 250 feet. Battery getting lower now. But still no warning. But then, when he Pro was on course for home at 1 mile distance, the Battery warning light came on. No need to panic still have 6 minutes flying time before Critical Battery and I'm over a flat desert landscape with nothing but 4 foot high bushes. (Remember that!). At that point I decided to start a slow descent. No need to arrive over Home at 250 feet. Remember, I'm in map mode for viewing. Can not see what is ahead of the Pro, only its position. I let it descend for a while, but did not look at the altitude reading displayed in the app. So now it is on its way home at 24 MPH. I sat back to wait for its arrival. When it got down to about a 1/4 mile from home, I switched to the Camera mode for the final approach. When I did, what I saw scared the living Hell out of me. For there on my screen I saw bushes flying by at 24 MPH. I quickly glanced at the altitude, and was shocked to see that I was at only 6 feet. That's right boys and girls, 6 feet. That was two feet about the bushes. It had been at that altitude for 3/4 of a mile at 24 MPH. I quickly hit the throttle and went back up to 50 feet. When I did, I saw the Pro in the distance pop up and over a very small knoll no more that 10 feet high. I was within seconds of a pilot error crash big time. It reminded me of a non-instrument rated pilot flying into IMC. The last thing they see is a windscreen full of trees. In my case, it was bushes, but I survived. The Pro was doing what I told it to do, and I nearly lost it.

Last edited:
I consider myself experienced in all things aeronautical. Been flying since I was 15. Started in an Aeronca Champ in 1961. Flew RC airplanes and gliders for a while. Would never take a chance. However, I must tell you, actually confess to you, what happened to me just yesterday. I went out for a practice flight with my Phantom 3 Pro. Set RTH at 250 feet. Full battery. Then flew out to 1,700 feet in one direction and then made a 90% turn and went out a total of 2 miles. I was viewing in map mode, not camera. The battery got low, but no warning yet. So I decided to head for home. I hit the RTH button and sure enough I saw the little blue triangle turn toward me and head my way. The Pro then ascended up to 250 feet as planned. So far so good. I looked at the "instruments". It was coming home at 24 MPH at 250 feet. Battery getting lower now. But still no warning. But then, when he Pro was on course for home at 1 mile distance, the Battery warning light came on. No need to panic still have 6 minutes flying time before Critical Battery and I'm over a flat desert landscape with nothing but 4 foot high bushes. (Remember that!). At that point I decided to start a slow descent. No need to arrive over Home at 250 feet. Remember, I'm in map mode for viewing. Can not see what is ahead of the Pro, only its position. I let it descend for a while, but did not look at the altitude reading displayed in the app. So now it is on its way home at 24 MPH. I sat back to wait for its arrival. When it got down to about a 1/4 mile from home, I switched to the Camera mode for the final approach. When I did, what I saw scared the living Hell out of me. For there on my screen I saw bushes flying by at 24 MPH. I quickly glanced at the altitude, and was shocked to see that I was at only 6 feet. That right boy and girls, 6 feet. That was two feet about the bushes. It had been at that altitude for 3/4 of a mile at 24 MPH. I quickly hit the throttle and went back up to 50 feet. When I did, I saw the Pro in the distance pop up and over a very small knoll no more that 10 feet high. I was within seconds of a pilot error crash big time. It reminded me of a non-instrument rated pilot flying into IMC. The last thing they see is a windscreen full of trees. In my case, it was bushes, but I survived. The Pro was doing what I told it to do, and I nearly lost it.
Great story, don't usual read long posts because most are hard to read because of bad punctuation and grammar. But I gave this one a go. It kept my interest throughout, was waiting for the crash ending that never happened. Your very lucky for not keeping a eye on the altitude the whole time your were descending. What were you thinking??

Great story, don't usual read long posts because most are hard to read because of bad punctuation and grammar. But I gave this one a go. It kept my interest throughout, was waiting for the crash ending that never happened. Your very lucky for not keeping a eye on the altitude the whole time your were descending. What were you thinking??
That was the problem. I wasn't thinking! Got distracted by some motorcycle guys going by.

That was the problem. I wasn't thinking! Got distracted by some motorcycle guys going by.

Still yet, a good story teller. I was onboard the phantom seeing it all go down. At one point I heard it say, " what the..? "

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

1 p1, 2 p2's , 3 p3's all great flying machines
no issues with them
sold all but current p3p for nearly what I paid
been flying the p3p since dec 2015 and all is good
no dji service needed
no tech help needed
I just update and fly as I want

rather boing post isn't it?

that's why we don't post good stuff for the most part on forums--
no interest or real value

I fly the P3S and the P3P. Other than the range is not as good as I would like, 2,090 feet with Windsurfers, I have had no trouble at all with it. The Pro was beautiful, until I crashed it. My fault! Got it back from repair facility last week. Had another close call on the very first flight. Again my fault. I tend to push the envelope a bit at times. I've had no hardware or software problems. Boring post!

This is a large community, statistically there must be among us a few members that are not all there. So I suspect some stories of flyaways and other unusual occurrences should be taken with a grain of salt. Some people want attention.

No, it's the "I'm having issues with my P3S but I'm going to post my problems here in the Pro/Advance" forum.

Well I have 2 Yuneec Q-500's, 1 Cheerson CX-20 and my P3P and crashed all but the P3P. The resaon my P3P is still cherry is not all drone R/C's are the same and the P3P flies, responds and lands so much better. The app's are the best for DJI once you take the time to learn them. Waiting for my Mavic Pro.

I basically did the same thing last spring...into a tree, onto the pavement, camera and landing gear took the hit. I sent it to DJI. It took about 10 days, cost $300 and was like new. I have now installed a camera restraint and gear reinforcement. I also haven't had a serious crash since then either.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Agreed.

If every post was "I flew today no issues" be a bit boring.

However I flew saturday, great flight no issues.:)

Borrrrring!

(See? He was right.)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31