is this epoxy safe to use?

Reaction score
Photo attached.
Will this stuff corrode anything or is it safe to use?
Thanks

Also, can dji tell if you have opened up your phantom?

Attachments

• WIN_20160520_21_47_50_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160520_21_47_50_Pro.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 570
Might last for a while but not a permanent fix

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you have stress cracks, why not return it and have them fix it. This is a known defect and should be covered by warranty. If your glue job fails and causes a crash, they may not cover it.

One product - Plast-Aid
It attached to the shell and cures like it was molded with it.
There are many threads talking about others using this when they had cracks. I had my shell apart so I used the plast-aid. I didn't have any cracks, but I didn't want to worry about them suddenly appearing in the future.

None. I lost the warranty when I decided to replace a motor myself because I didn't want to be without the bird for 3+ weeks.
Plus, because I changed the shell to the hydrodipped shell, I'm pretty sure the warranty was void at that point because I cracked it open :)

d40e69701e00a1c54071e4b36478d859.jpg

Pretty sure DJI would know you've been in there by the gobs of glue, regardless of how careful you are with stickers and clips

I can't really tell from the photo - what was the design, form, striation you chose to run the beads or layering on to reinforce the shell to prevent cracks? Was it a general brush\paint over in that area, or did you run small leader lines in some pattern?
I poured it into the area. If have never used plast-aid order some. You will be amazed. I have used with plastic molds.
The stuff is amazing how strong it is and how well it bonds.

How long has it been since you added the reinforcement material?
2 months

Assuming that you use about the same amount on each motor cavity, the balance of the craft would remain the same yes?
I used the exact same amount in each arm. You just need to make sure to do one arm at a time as it sets quick. At first you can pour it but after a couple of minutes it is like silly putty. It sets FAST. You also need to make sure you don't use to much. If you do the motor or shell could be obstructed by it. I learned this the hard way and had to use my Dremel to clear the room. Glad I learned this on one arm only :)

You can do some searches on here for plast-aid and see a lot of posts of others who swear by it.

If you do not have any issues though, I would wait till after warranty to do it.
But if your like me and the warranty is void, it's a nice safety measure.
IMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav