Is this Battery done in ?

I got it right down to about 2% tho it keep trying to shut off once it was down to about 8% So I keep turning it on and fireing up the motors to drain it fully.

J.James said:
I got it right down to about 2% tho it keep trying to shut off once it was down to about 8% So I keep turning it on and fireing up the motors to drain it fully.
If not raining tomorrow I will take it down that low and then recharge it again and see what it reads ;)

When I drained mine what I did after hovering it out side till the auto land kicked in and it would not fly any more I took it inside Then to get it to drain the rest of the way I had to hold on to it and tilt it with the motors running and while giving it some throttle. any time I tried to fire it up and let the motors spin while it was sitting on my table it keep thinking it was landed and would shut off. But by the time it got low enough were it would not stay on by its self any more I got a lil bit nervis when I plugged in to the naza assistant and seen the cells were at about 3volts each and got the message pop up that it possibly had a damaged cell. I thought for sure I had bricked it and that it wasnt going to charge

OK... I took it this morning and let it hover and kept it up till it said 2% in the app then shut it off and came in .
Let it cool and then charged to no lights were on and just popped it in. First thing I saw when all powered up was the bad cell box in the bottom right screen and when looking at the #s saw they had changed half as much than last time .
1=4201
2=4157
3=4201
Now the 2 # is up 50 so I will drain again to 2% and recharge again and see what I get .
This might fix the #'s but I don't think I could ever trust to fly other than in the back field low and close .
Finally got an e mail back from Eric at UAVD where I got this battery as a replacement for a swollen one and said after seeing that screenshot it looked to have a bad cell so e mailed back and told him I was gonna contact DJI about battery but they would do as before and sent me back to them but have not heard back yet.

Im trying to still figure out what it is im missing here looking at them pics. They are obviously seeing some thing Im missing. cause all I see if the cells being a few mili volts off from each other.

Is the one cell in ? just staying right about at the same voltage even when the other ones go down as you use the battery and staying about the same while the other ones go back up when you charge it??????? If thats whats up then that defiantly indicates you have a cell thats been locked out by the smart circuit in the battery. Which is the one thing I really hate about any kind of smart battery with its own built in lock out circuit that will cut out the cell if its at all below or above a set voltage setting that the circuit will lock out to prevent it from over discharging or over charging.

Before I ran it down today the #2 was 100 lower than this time . Its up 50 . Battery is swelled tight to the plastic on the prong side . Trying to decide if I should discharge it down about 50% or just send it back to him and see if they will replace it and if not then will just have him chunk it . He said that 80 discharges was a lot but I really didn't think it was . I don't always have it all the way down when I charge them I just top all of them off when I come in .

If its swollen I would just send it in if you can. and tho 80 discharges is not a lot considering they are "supposed" to last for 300 cycles. Which is not even a lot for a normal lipo if its taken care of. BUT to even get 80 out of one of these DJI battery's is a lot considering its still a lot more then other people have gotten before they crapped out on them. Im still waiting to see or even hear of any one EVER getting a full 300 out of one before it locks out from the 300 charge limit in the software. The only ones I ever hear of going past 300 are the ones people have hacked to use other cells with the smart board from a dji battery and there is a way to add a resister in to the counter circuit. So it only counts the discharges as 1 on the counter for every 2 discharges So they can get up to 600 charges before the board bricks when the counter hits 300 on the smart board.

If I just use one down to say 60% and top it off It counts as 1 discharge ? If that's the case then I will be flying them all the way down when I use one . I just go up sometimes and take a few weather shots and tweet them to the local Weather stations and then come on in and top them off . Unless I am trying for long range flights then I will use one up .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik