Is this all that is needed for PC GS on P2 (non-vision)?

Reaction score
I want to add PC Ground Station functionality to my P2 (non-Vision). My P2 includes FVP using IOSD mini, AVL-58 transmitter and receiver, and GoPro 3+ Black.

Since I will be using PC GS and not an iPad GS, the BTU unit that comes with the kit is not needed, right?

Is this all I need?
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Datalink-2-4g ... i+datalink

Anyone have links to hardware installation procedures or photos of finished hardware configurations?

Rich in San Diego

Yeah I think that's all you need except you'll need to solder a battery plug to the cord they supply. I put a deans plug since I already have heli's that use deans.

Connecting to the phantom is easy... It plugs right into the can bus on the phantom's leg... The. I used high powered double stick tape to put the air unit right behind the zenmuse gimbal... I also zip tied the cable to the leg just in case.

Since you're using PC I am not sure if the USB connection will power the ground end or not (I use ipad).

Make sure you update the hardware etc.

for the pc side, all you need to do is plug the ground end into the pc via usb.
Power is obtained through the pc.

Buckaye said:
Yeah I think that's all you need except you'll need to solder a battery plug to the cord they supply. I put a deans plug since I already have heli's that use deans.

Connecting to the phantom is easy... It plugs right into the can bus on the phantom's leg... The. I used high powered double stick tape to put the air unit right behind the zenmuse gimbal... I also zip tied the cable to the leg just in case.

Since you're using PC I am not sure if the USB connection will power the ground end or not (I use ipad).

Make sure you update the hardware etc.

What about the iOSD mini connection, then?

If you have the iOSD mini then you plug that in to the canbus port on the leg, and then connect the data link to the spare port on the side of the iOSD.

OI Photography said:
If you have the iOSD mini then you plug that in to the canbus port on the leg, and then connect the data link to the spare port on the side of the iOSD.

Thanks OI! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj