Is this a normal gimbal sound?

Reaction score
This is a brand new P4 that has yet to see any real action. I was wondering if your gimbal sounds like this as well. Upon starting it up it makes a sound too as it turns the camera up.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine makes the first sound. I'm not sure if it's as loud as yours -- hard to tell. Upon closer inspection, I can see the corner of the camera is sometimes ever so slightly rubbing against the black ribbon cable. It only hits when the camera is pointed as far up as it'll go. I think the simple fix would be to unstick the ribbon cable and move it over a bit, but I'm going to leave mine as-is since the camera will most likely never point up at that angle.

IMG_2047.JPG

Last edited:
This is a brand new P4 that has yet to see any real action. I was wondering if your gimbal sounds like this as well. Upon starting it up it makes a sound too as it turns the camera up.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yours has the dreaded gimbal noise problem. You can hear it if you pick up the phantom 4 while its turned on and tilt it up and down and side to side which will adjust the gimbal.

Many people have returned theirs, I do not have your problem. I do have a smaller scratching sound as the first when pointing down. But I know yours has a problem with your second video.

I would return yours - hopefully you got it from a store and not from DJI.

I have 2 P4`s and both had the gimbal creak but they bedded in without a problem once flown a couple of time..
and no noises since

It's the ribbon cable that loops around the camera inside it's not sticking

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj