Is this a new Phantom?

Reaction score
I was looking for buying the FC40 but after what I can find out this isnt sold anymore so after visiting a onlineshop in sweden (I live here) I saw this Phantom and they say it´s a new model replacing the FC40 but without a camera
But I can´t find any information about it on any other site, not even the DJI.
http://www.dandrone.se/shop/dji-phantom-5-172p.html

The text is on swedish but it says new improved Phantom 5.8GHz

Have you guys heard of it?

The price is about the same as they sold the FC40 for.

Nope looks like a phantom 1 and not sure why its on 5.8 ghz only the visions run 5.8 from what I know normal phantoms are 2.4ghz

The FC40 uses 5.8 too so it is possible that is a replacement .

The P1 & FC 40 for the most part look alike .
Amazon has the FC 40 listed so that bird you have linked very well could be a knock off and not a true DJI bird .
I think I would pass on that and order what you want online from a certified dealer .

The Phantom in the link looks odd- for a start it has the old silver prop nuts.

I reckon it is a P1 knock off fitted with 5.8 Rx

discv said:
The Phantom in the link looks odd- for a start it has the old silver prop nuts.

I reckon it is a P1 knock off fitted with 5.8 Rx

Yeah... It gets even odder... Here's a translation from that page... Self tightening? Obviously the picture doesn't represent what they're selling... :shock:

New and improved DJI Phantom 5.8 GHz

selftightening propellers

With self-tightening propellers, propellers never fall off, and you avoid your drone crashes and that your camera is damaged when it hits the ground .

Also... the video with Colin shows him tightening the prop nuts on a P1.0... :roll:

The FAQ page and the download firmware pages take you to the FC40. This is one extremely weird advertisement... Give these clowns the hook. I wouldn't buy a P2V lens cap from these bozos... :D

-slinger

Copycat. Looks like someone took the basic P1 shell and modified it.
Or it is just an older stock P1.

Looks like a Phantom 1 that someone just Googled up and even the rendering is pretty bad, lol. -looks at vents on the front-

Strange since from what I understand they are the DJI reseller here in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

Hej Matfarsan! ;)

Mitt tips är att du köper en Phantom 2, de är visserligen dyrare men du får betydligt bättre flygtid med en sån. Du kommer märka att de ~ 25min som du har med en ren Phantom 2 (utan gimbal och kamera) går väldigt fort, en Phantom 1:a har halva den flygtiden.

(In english, just buy a Phantom 2 since the flight time on the Phantom 1 is too short.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav