Is this a good tracker?

Reaction score
Found this ad online. Is there anything better that's reasonably priced? This one is 30 bucks. I'm fairly new to all this so I appreciate your help. Thanks! (this looks like spam but it's not - I promise. lol)
Smart Financial Daily

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

The short answer is no. Stay away from BT and or crowd sourced GPS. You want something that uses 3G cellular & GPS to track it with. Trackimo, MarcoPolo, etc. I use a PocketFinder but plan on getting a 3G tracker soon as most use the 2G band which is sunsetting very soon.

If your tracker uses T-Mobile, it likely has a few years. They have said that they will keep 2G alive in deference to all the devices that pass telemetry on that system. AT&T, conversely, is set to sunset by the end of 2016.

The short answer is no. Stay away from BT and or crowd sourced GPS.
Thank you, sir! After going to their site I read this: "If an item goes missing, TrackR's Crowd GPS network will help you find it. When another user of the TrackR app comes within 100ft range of your lost item, you will receive a GPS update of where your item is."
Ugh. Another user of the ap must be with 100 feet of your drone before I can locate it! What are the odds of that happening? Zero I think... Thanks for the heads up!

Another user of the ap must be with 100 feet of your drone before I can locate it! What are the odds of that happening?
About half way down on the TrackR homepage, you'll find a map that displays recent TrackR users near any address. Unless your flying area is densely populated with TrackR users, this would not be a good option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic