Is this a big deal?

TCW

Reaction score
Ok, So in an earlier previous post, I explained I had a brand spanking new P3P, not even powered up once yet as I was waiting on the I Pad device I chose to buy (after much research on this forum) since my android device wasn't on the recommended devices listing from DJI. I ordered an I Pad Mini 3 WI-FI + 4G, as I wanted the GPS function on the device. What I received was the model as WI-FI only, and as it turns out the item was misrepresented on the website ad. I actually paid (price) for what's received, so no issue there. Question is this: should I settle for the WI-FI only, or is there that much greater benefit yet in having GPS capability on the device. I hate the return / replacement , wait longer again to get up and flying. Thanks for any thoughts..Tim

if you care about setting dynamic home points (based on your device location) then it matters. If you care about follow me, then it matters. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Also....(don`t know on Iworld) can use the phone as "Hot Spot" to get wi-fi to him....;):)

I'm not an "Apple" guy, so I haven't an I phone to tether. But I understand they're supposedly some great new features about to come out (rumored newer FW around the corner) that makes me believe I should hold out for the GPS enabled device.

I'm not an "Apple" guy, so I haven't an I phone to tether. But I understand they're supposedly some great new features about to come out (rumored newer FW around the corner) that makes me believe I should hold out for the GPS enabled device.
See my previous post. If you don't care about either of those things, then GPS on your device is irrelevant.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1