Is there anywhere in the Chicago Area stocking P2V Motors?

Re: Is there anywhere in the Chicago Area stocking P2V Motor

Me too. Chicagoland also.

Supposedly......I have someone shipping me 4 motors overnight from California. A place called Aerial Media Pros. 18885576791. He seemed to have a grasp of the situation and I even gave him my FedEx Shipper number to make sure they go overnight with an AM delivery. I have yet to get a confirmation email, or have anything show up in my FedEx account originating from today.
If these guys fail....it's going to be really disappointing.

On the other hand....if they come though, it'll be a pleasant surprise since everything since getting this Phantom on the support side, has been a huge disappointment.

Also....If they ship me the 4 motors (2 CW and 2 CCW). I'll let you know and sell one of them to you so you don't have to go through this. I only need one....for now. :)

I ordered their Phantom 2 combo last week. But they have it on backorder. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have been trying to buy motors since the Vision came out. Can't find anywhere. Ended up buying over priced T motors and they stink. Just going to fly Phantom 1 until motors are available. China claims to have them but I'm not willing to thank that risk.

Aerial Media Pros in California know their ****! Got my motors this morning. My Phantom is once again running on all 4 motors. Here's what I discovered while having my P2V opened up on my desk.

The power leads from the main board to the ESC had cold solder joints. Both leads (which appeared to have some kind of adhesive on them to keep em together) were off the board. I put the battery in, fired it up, ran up the motors and when pushing the leads back to the board, the "bad motor" spun up. This was after I'd already put the new motor in and fired it up to find it still didn't work so who knows.....my original motor may be ok. I'll test that later.

http://elginet.com/images/P2V/p2v_problem.mp4

I made the video large so you see what I'm pointing out. It looks like some of the Solder mask came off with the leads. I tacked em back on with my soldering gun and she's running fine. This COULD HAVE BEEN catastrophic! Had I been over water, or above trees....I'm sure this would have totaled the P2V.

Again, I have to give credit where credit is do. Aerial Media Pros got the job done and got me my parts quickly! When ordering stuff from Dronefly.com, I got excuses why it wasn't there in 2 days, when I paid for 2nd day air. When originally having issues with my RADIO, it took over a WEEK for DJI to even RESPOND to me. Then it took another 3 days to get my radio.

Of course, as fate would have it....the wx here in the Chicago area turned to sht today with the winds picking up a lot, so I haven't been able to test-fly the P2V yet.

MITCHELL AT AERIAL MEDIA PROS (888) 557-6791...YOU ROCK, AND YOU HAVE A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!

Excellent 411. They may have just nailed the unexplained fly-away & crashes occasionally posted here. The problem is consistent with their symptoms... One moment flying fine, then all of a sudden laterally darts off & down as it would on three motors plus one going intermittent & losing lift... until it kisses a tree, parking lot, etc, and having little response to control.

Difficult to tell from the video so I have to ask, was the printed circuit PAD intact? Or is that what was stuck to the bottom of the wire? Or just lifted PCB mask stuck as you said?

Nice work,
iDrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic