Is there anyone that hasn't had problems.

P2V+ V3, no flight problems so far but my motor mounts are showing cracks after 30 flights (hand catching) which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

DGI P2V+ V 3.0
I bought it about a month ago or so, maybe 6 weeks.
I have probably a hundred flights at least - no issues.
I make sure I get the 20 green flashes, then I do the compass dance every time.
There are people that say don't calibrate it every time but I don't think it hurts anything and better safe than sorry. I got pretty paranoid there for a while expecting to see $1200.00 fly off into the sunset. But I always get at least 8-9 sats, I always do the compass dance, and I NEVER let it get too far away from me to loose line of sight. I took it apart to see the gps shielding and mine has the latest and greatest, I didn't have to do anything. No mods other than carbon fiber looking vinyl stripes for the 2 front arms. I am feeling better and better about it every time I fly.

No problems here, and to be fair, I think a lot of "problems" that happen are user created. Some people just can't leave things alone. They absolutely must tweek this and tweek that, change settings and then go out and fly and ask why the thing crashed.

I am not saying every instance is user related, after all, it is mechanical.

And as another poster mentioned, forums are going to be full of "problems", but take into the same equation the millions of flights that never ever have a problem, and don't get reported.

So on a percentage basis, I think the negative is a very low number.

Enjoy your bird, don't try to fix what isn't broke, be cautious, responsible but most of all, have fun.

Welcome to the Forum Noodies.

Best advice I can offer from experience:

Take off from your case or backpack. This prevents compass issues and debris in motors.

Hand catch your bird. Shut down with throttle stick all the way down.

Use NAZA mode. Home lock is great if you lose orientation.

Have fun! Phantom V2+ are awesome!

Last edited:
Had to reload the app after an Android/Verizon update.

Other than that, been smooth, no issues, way too much fun...!!

Cheers!

I have 2 phantom 1's. 1 has over 150 flights on it with one crash. I think caused by me having a magnet (prop balancer) to close to the bird. my second phantom 1 has over 300 flights no problems and no issues.

I've flown 189 flights of varying length with the two I've had without any real problems except slamming into a pecan tree with the first one...which was totally my fault...great machine.

Owned since may 2014. Never crashed.
Stress vibration fracture in 1 arm. Used hobby glue in all arms and has seem to work.

Wifi module failed in november 2014. Got a second hand unit and did the artic silver mod.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with mine, only crash I had was my own fault, low level landing approach at a speed only rivaled by an RAF Tornado...

Forums tend to attract people who have had problems not those who have flown happily with not a sign of a glitch.

Also, despite what people will claim most of the mishaps will be traceable to user error at some stage ;-)

As others have said, preflight checks are the key, check props, check battery is truly seated tightly, make sure GPS is solid, check your location in Find My Phantom to make sure its actually showing the right location before you fly off etc etc

No fly aways, no problems. I've been flying since the V+ first came out. I love it.I do fly low and I do crash, but I've had no complaints or regrets in my purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20