Is there any possibility to attach Zenmuse X5 camera to P 3 ?

M

mikroman6

Hi everyone,

I do and I am focused on taking stills but unfortunately quality of stills that comes out of P 3 advance is very poor, especially for commercial use. I found that the Zenmuse X5 camera is not bad for the task but sadly it comes together with inspire drone that all together cost around 4000usd ! I just wonder maybe there is somebody who would be able to connect Zenmuse X5 to P 3 ? I have seen so many adaptations that have been made to P 3, so maybe this is possible, or maybe I should go for different type of drone ie Chroma ST10+ CG03 4K that has 16mb camera and the price tag is more acceptable to me ( around 1000$ ) ?

Ps, I would appreciate any comment on this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your going to buy the x5 buy itself you might as well just buy the inspire. Assuming you could get it to work it will fly like a pig with hugely reduced battery life.

Reactions: mikroman6
if your going to buy the x5 buy itself you might as well just buy the inspire. Assuming you could get it to work it will fly like a pig with hugely reduced battery life.
Yes :) I guess you right, that does not make any sense to make such modification, or maybe I should go for different type of drone ie Chroma ST10+ CG03 4K that has 16mb camera ?

Yes :) I guess you right, that does not make any sense to make such modification, or maybe I should go for different type of drone ie Chroma ST10+ CG03 4K that has 16mb camera ?

The camera specs here say it is only 12MP: CGO3 4K Camera with Integrated 3-Axis Gimbal | HorizonHobby Likely not much different than P4.

I agree, more MP would be better for stills as I see too many pixels in large prints off the 12MP DJI camera (P4). I got spoiled going from 16MP still camera (Nikon) to their 36Mp one. I've been looking at the X5R camera which is 16MP along with better optics, but then it goes to the Inspire.

Reactions: mikroman6
The camera specs here say it is only 12MP: CGO3 4K Camera with Integrated 3-Axis Gimbal | HorizonHobby Likely not much different than P4.

I agree, more MP would be better for stills as I see too many pixels in large prints off the 12MP DJI camera (P4). I got spoiled going from 16MP still camera (Nikon) to their 36Mp one. I've been looking at the X5R camera which is 16MP along with better optics, but then it goes to the Inspire.
They have 5 models to choose from and one of them ( CGO2+ ) has 16mb camera, here is link to look up at the bottom of the site --> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YH9423Q
you can find the 16mb one. I have seen this comparison on youtube
so as you can see the chroma footage is way better quality than Phantoms.

Actually, it doesn't look any different from a Phantom camera. Now, it's YouTube and you shouldn't ever, ever compare camera quality from a YouTube video but your argument doesn't fly, so to speak.

Which makes sense. It probably uses the same, or nearly the same, sensor and certainly has a simple, inexpensive lens.

The X5 and X5 RAW allow you to use a much bigger sensor, much more robust electronics and a half decent set of lenses. This is where you get real performance improvements. And additional weight. And cost.

TANSTAAFL.

(And no, you can't put an X5 gimbal / camera on a Phantom. If it could have been done, it would have been done. Thousands of us are frustrated with the Phantom camera limitations but don't want to move to the Inspire platform for whatever reason.)

Reactions: RosscoP3S
Actually, it doesn't look any different from a Phantom camera. Now, it's YouTube and you shouldn't ever, ever compare camera quality from a YouTube video but your argument doesn't fly, so to speak.

Which makes sense. It probably uses the same, or nearly the same, sensor and certainly has a simple, inexpensive lens.

The X5 and X5 RAW allow you to use a much bigger sensor, much more robust electronics and a half decent set of lenses. This is where you get real performance improvements. And additional weight. And cost.

TANSTAAFL.

(And no, you can't put an X5 gimbal / camera on a Phantom. If it could have been done, it would have been done. Thousands of us are frustrated with the Phantom camera limitations but don't want to move to the Inspire platform for whatever reason.)
Yes, maybe you right that youtube is not the best place for comparing the quality but I have watched this review as well -->
I think that man knows what is talking about .

The X5 eats the flight time for the Inspire.
Even if you could get it to work on the Phantom (it won't), it won't be a realistic flying proposition.
The difference between 16MP and 12MP is insignificant if you are talking about the same sensor size.
The CG03 is a Yuneec camera and they have a rather poor reputation.

I was searching different kind of lenses for my P3 myself.
I found this site:
DJI Phantom 3 Lenses – Peau Productions
It has no zoom lenses and mounting the new lens its a little bit tricky, but you should now be able to preorder a roughly 40degree lens (your P3 has a 94).
Oooops sorry: I realized too late I misunderstood your question (and therefore my answer is off topic).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20