Is there an antenna I can buy to get more range?

Reaction score
I'm not real tech savy, but I want to be able to go more than 1000ft vertical and especially horizontal. Any suggestions?

No. There are no antennas at all that have been discussed on this forum designed for more range. None at all. :)

JWarren said:
I'm not real tech savy, but I want to be able to go more than 1000ft vertical and especially horizontal. Any suggestions?
You can already achieve this stock... 800 meter control distance FCC mode... if you use the booster app for increased FPV, you've already far exceeded your control range... no antenna upgrade needed for 1000 ft

I actually did the coke can mod tonight and that got me cruising around at 1500. Without doubt an improvement. I was having LOS occur at 1000 and unable to maintain 1000. I'm happy with 1500ft, so now I'm going to have a more permanent version of the coke can mode machined at a shop soon.

JWarren said:
I actually did the coke can mod tonight and that got me cruising around at 1500. Without doubt an improvement. I was having LOS occur at 1000 and unable to maintain 1000. I'm happy with 1500ft, so now I'm going to have a more permanent version of the coke can mode machined at a shop soon.

interesting.... I routinely get 1500' with my stock antenna. What do you mean that you was having LOS occur at 1000 ? You should always have line of sight with your Phantom / antennas... Ensure LOS throughout your flight and you should achieve over 1500' with stock antenna...

srandall25 said:
JWarren said:

interesting.... I routinely get 1500' with my stock antenna. What do you mean that you was having LOS occur at 1000 ? You should always have line of sight with your Phantom / antennas... Ensure LOS throughout your flight and you should achieve over 1500' with stock antenna...

LOS also means "loss of signal".

tizzl10 said:
srandall25 said:
JWarren said:

LOS also means "loss of signal".
haha... i guess so.. it also means Line of Sight. but in his case you would be correct... must be my military background... :) Yes, you definitely don't want to maintain Loss of Signal throughout your flight!!! haha p.s. I sent you a PM on a different subject matter earlier..

I got 800m (~2500 ft) today with only stock gear. 1500 ft should be no problem for the standard equipment.
Make sure your antenna is oriented correctly. Do not point the tip straight at the Phantom. The antenna should be at 90 degrees, preferably straight up with the long edge facing the phantom.

All I know is that without the soda can mod, BOTH of my P2V+ usually have loss of signal at 1000ft. That's why I'm amazed at you guys getting 2000ft + with stock equipment. But as I said, it's the case with both of my aircraft and the only reason I can think of is environmental even though I fly out in the boonies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl