Is there a way to temporarily disable iOSD mini over-lay?

Reaction score
I have some live webcasts that I plan on shooting soon. They will use some of my raw video from the Phantom1+Zen+GP3+VTX+iOSD mini.
My question is; how do I turn off the iOSD mini, so the overlay doesn't appear in the video being transmitted????

I'll also be getting a P2+H3-3D, with iOSD mini and VTX. Right now, I plan on mounting the iOSD mini inside-same place as the Phantom 1. Which makes disconnecting-un plugging anything difficult.

My video out is the black 5 pin plug, with four wires going into it. Is it possible to "un-pin" one of those wires, that carries the iOSD mini signal? Or is it not that simple?
I've read the instructions, looked at the mini software, and naza-no off switch in there that I can see. And I know the video goes from the Zen, through the mini, out of the mini, then through the VTX.....does that sound right?

Re: Is there a way to temporarily disable iOSD mini over-lay

The way the iOSD mini works, it's a critical piece in the video chain and can't be just turned off (unplugged) without killing your whole video feed. The only way to get a vid feed from your gopro/zenmuse now w/o the data overlay from the iOSD would be to create a completely independent video cable from Phantom to vTx and adding a way to switch to that on the fly.

Or, add a second vTx that broadcasts the pre-iOSD signal (you'd have to split the video feed that comes out of the Phantom).

OI Photography said:
The way the iOSD mini works, it's a critical piece in the video chain and can't be just turned off (unplugged) without killing your whole video feed. The only way to get a vid feed from your gopro/zenmuse now w/o the data overlay from the iOSD would be to create a completely independent video cable from Phantom to vTx and adding a way to switch to that on the fly.

Or, add a second vTx that broadcasts the pre-iOSD signal (you'd have to split the video feed that comes out of the Phantom).
Ugh!!! Thanks. Guess the "audience" will have to get used to the iOSD overlay then. Will do a "test" and see how it goes.

Use the FPV hub and you can flick a switch to turn it off or on.

Attachments

• fpvhub1.jpg
    fpvhub1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 555

That's cool!!! Wonder how much more that's gonna cost me on my yet to be delivered P2. And, where do you mount that thing? Does it fit inside?
That's gonna be a must have for me........

that's the big iOSD not the mini iOSD diagram.. but a cool option.

some guys use remote controlled switches that will allow you to switch between signals remotely as well.
I imagine that's easy to do if you splice the video-out coming from the GoPro.

havasuphoto said:
That's cool!!! Wonder how much more that's gonna cost me on my yet to be delivered P2. And, where do you mount that thing? Does it fit inside?
That's gonna be a must have for me........

$12 - $20 max for the hub.

Gizmo3000 said:

some guys use remote controlled switches that will allow you to switch between signals remotely as well.

okay, really... same board...

happier now?

Attachments

• fpvhub 2.jpg
    fpvhub 2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 528

Gizmo3000 said:

Just so we're clear-this VTX hub won't turn off the iOSD Mini??
I'd like to see the diagrams or discussions where others have done the remote switching idea's.

Cr8tive_leo said:
Gizmo3000 said:

okay, really... same board...

happier now?
OK, very confused now-I think you posted at the same time I posted.
It looks to me like IF you have the iOSD mini attached-then it won't stop that signal. Do you know anyone using one of the VTX boards? or are they new?

I'm hearing nothing but crickets chirping in here :)
So-can this video hub disable the mini over-lay with the flip of a switch, or not?
How bout this-the mini is plugged into this hub, and so is the video out to the vtx. what would happen if you just unplugged the iOSD mini from this hub? Would you still get video from the Zen into the VTX??

I dont' have the iOSD overlay info on my videos. It only appears on my screen. I'm curious to see how Heli-Pal did that.

FangsCPO said:
I dont' have the iOSD overlay info on my videos. It only appears on my screen. I'm curious to see how Heli-Pal did that.
They used a DVR in the receiver.
What I meant was; I'm trying to get ride of the iOSD mini from my FPV video being transmitter from the aircraft, temporarily, to broadcast.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj