Is there a way to show coordinates on pix?

Reaction score
I use Litchi.
I look for sick trees in my work. It is important to be able to go back and take a ground look at the suspect tree. In a large area 20-25 acres would be nice to have the coordinates ( or any other telemetry) in the photo or video so you can go back to it. I tried tying a setting to do this but is probably in front of my nose.

I use Litchi.
I look for sick trees in my work. It is important to be able to go back and take a ground look at the suspect tree. In a large area 20-25 acres would be nice to have the coordinates ( or any other telemetry) in the photo or video so you can go back to it. I tried tying a setting to do this but is probably in front of my nose.
Here's one way.
Every photo you take has some hidden data that records the GPS location of the Phantom when the picture was taken.
This is the Exif data and there are a number of programs that would help you to display it (use Google to find some).
When you find a point of interest, hover above and take a photo straight down like this:
i-H7gLW9v-L.jpg

That's the display from Photoshop showing some of the Exif info.

You an also upload your flight record to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
From there you can download a KML file that shows your flight in Google Earth and you could read coordinates from the screen there.

Reactions: martybabe
Here's another I use. As Meta suggested, hover over your POI and take picture or multiple pictures during the flight. Then I use the free Coordinates Calculate and Convert a Positon App to match the exact position from the picture on the crosshairs of the App map - instant readout in Lat Long to nearest second or decimal readout.
Some reviews have mentioned a problem with iOS 10 using the app but is working perfect for me.
dcfeb6f41f5c246b411674603b122298.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: CTMIAMI
CTMiami - new Litchi update allows Lat Long of drone to be continuously displayed on the screen. Selectable in settings.

I understand but why can't they show it in the picture or video as an option. What I do is to find sick trees in groves how do people know where they are located. I send them a picture, they need to get the coordinates out of the picture put them into an app or google for find out the location. Very cumbersome process.

My thought was if you identify a sick tree by hovering over it, simply take a screen shot photo which shows the exact Lat Long and forward that photo out of your device photo library to your people. Not perfect but doable until the option you want is available.

Reactions: BigAl07
I understand but why can't they show it in the picture or video as an option. What I do is to find sick trees in groves how do people know where they are located. I send them a picture, they need to get the coordinates out of the picture put them into an app or google for find out the location. Very cumbersome process.

If it is part of your job to find sick trees give them the Lat Long info and charge extra for it. You might send them more than one photo. One from far away with land marks they recognize, and another close up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31