Is there a way to override No Fly Zones?

NFZs are there for your and everyone else protection, best not to override them.......:)

i am over a mile from a class D airport (where I am a flight instructor and commercial pilot when I dont fly for my airline employer), not in any runway extension, and have a nice soccer field when I want to practice, learn the P4P - in beginner mode. Map shows me outside of the No Fly Zone as depicted on dpi.com/noflyzones but the drone doesn't start and gives me the No Fly Zone warning.

i am over a mile from a class D airport (where I am a flight instructor and commercial pilot when I dont fly for my airline employer), not in any runway extension, and have a nice soccer field when I want to practice, learn the P4P - in beginner mode. Map shows me outside of the No Fly Zone as depicted on dpi.com/noflyzones but the drone doesn't start and gives me the No Fly Zone warning.

In the UK the ATZ in class D airspace spans a 2 mile radius from surface to 2000' then spreads upwards and outwards from there.

You have to verify your account on DJI with a credit card or phone number. Then next time you fly there it should pop up asking if you want to override the NFZ.

Reactions: shenzi105
thank you very much. Followed the procedures and unlocked the zone I was interested in.
Note, you cannot unlock red NFZ (usually the 1-1.5 NM radius of an airport's center point). I am right outside. Easy procedure.

Reactions: Philltayl
thank you very much. Followed the procedures and unlocked the zone I was interested in.
Note, you cannot unlock red NFZ (usually the 1-1.5 NM radius of an airport's center point). I am right outside. Easy procedure.

Seriously... what worked? It's set up by DJI so I gave it a 10% chance of actually working. :)

Correct, red zones cannot be unlocked (1.5 miles outside airport or prisons). I know some people won't like the airport being locked out but I think the benefits far out way the very few to whom this may not apply.

Reactions: David Cooke
Transmitter serial is supposed to be in the Gereral menu in the about section in the DJO 4 app. But mine says NA. Where else can I find my tranmitter serial number at? Numbers on back don't say serial number. Bottom number says IC and then number. Is this it possibly? You have to have this serial number to unlock yellow zones it says.

Transmitter serial is supposed to be in the Gereral menu in the about section in the DJO 4 app. But mine says NA. Where else can I find my tranmitter serial number at? Numbers on back don't say serial number. Bottom number says IC and then number. Is this it possibly? You have to have this serial number to unlock yellow zones it says.
The s/n should be printed on the bottom inside of the battery compartment.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Sorry! Just figured it out. You have to have the bird fired up to get the transmitter signal to show up in the app. All good.

Go here and you can unlock yellow zones...just not red ones.

DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access
Thanks for that link. In the terms of the agreement you have to sign up to, I am amused by the wording in this section.

If you violate any provision of these Terms, your permission from us to use the Service, including the DJI Go App, will terminate automatically. In addition, DJI may in its sole discretion terminate your DJI account or suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice.

Clearly DJI wants the ability to......terminate your DJI account.....for..... no reason.....without notice. Isn't that just special. Seems a bit unreasonable they don't have to justify their actions when terminating someones access to the GO app.

Can't fly within 5 miles of an airport. Some might let you fly within that radius if you contact the control tower.

Reactions: John Raro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20