Is there a way to make the Phantom control sticks stiffer?

Reaction score
After I got my phantom 1.1.1, I noticed the control sticks on the transmitter seemed super sensitive compared to my older phantom 1.2 controller. It doesnt have that stiff and controlled feel like the older transmitter. It makes it harder to make slight movements during flight.

Is there any way i can adjust the stiffness of the sticks?

Re: Is there a way to make the Phantom control sticks stiffe

After opening up the tx i realize there are screws to stiffen the springs to make the sticks stiffer.

idan_estee said:
After opening up the tx i realize there are screws to stiffen the springs to make the sticks stiffer.[/quote
idan_estee said:
After opening up the tx i realize there are screws to stiffen the springs to make the sticks stiffer.

Can you please take pictures of step-by-by to tighten the sticks, please!?

+1

I've been looking for a way to do this and I opened my 1.1.1 Tx and didn't see any adjustment screws. Then again, I never did figure out how to get it completely open because I couldn't get the antenna piece to let go (tips there are welcome). Didn't want to break anything so I just "peaked" inside and then put it back together.

I find the sticks WAY too light to the touch and it is very difficult to raise the throttle without having the stick go slightly left/right at the same time... or fly straight forward without slightly rolling left/right. All because you can't really feel the "notch".

Mike

Never mind. Here are the screws. I turned mine all the way in clockwise and that gave a nice tight feel to the sticks.

Mike

Attachments

• tension.jpg
    tension.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 595

Massive topic bump. But I just did this with my current setup and now I'm super happy with my controls.. @_@

Maybe I should try that. I wonder if it will keep me from crashing into stuff? :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic