Is there a way to fly a tighter circle around a POI?

Reaction score
I need to fly the drone around a go kart to get a tight 360 view of it. Can it be done with Litchi or any other way?

With the DJI drone the minimum distance is 15 feet. I need a tighter shot.

I can't see any way that's gonna work by Litchi or DJI to be honest. Prob could fly it manually and slow down the footage maybe. Gonna be very hard to fly that smoothly for sure I would think. Just keep practicing on it and you might get a usable clip. It's gonna be just the right amount of yaw to the forward and side all combined at one time. Good luck!

I don't know enough about piloting these birds but I have another idea that may help. Would it work for you to zoom in by cropping during the video editing phase?

I'm also wondering if the go cart will be in motion. You didn't say. If not, why not try walking around it? If so, it would be hard to imagine pulling of a shot such as you describe if it will be moving at anything other than a very slow speed. Again though, I don't know much about piloting these things.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Practice A little yaw. A little left or right nice and slow will get you close. That's a tuff maneuver to do manually.
Instead of a circle you could do a straight line in course mode and focus in on the subject. Get a few different angles and put them together would work.

Sure, draw a tiny square around the kart using 6 litchi way points then set curved turns to their max size, next set litchi up to focus POI, and put a POI where the Kart is. WP5 over laps WP1 and WP6 over laps WP2. Below is a quick example
Screenshot_20160610_231536.png

In the above example the Waypoints are 9ft apart, making the go kart centred at about 4.5ft.

An even cooler effect would be to draw another 12 or so Waypoints over lapping eachother but raising in altitude so that by the end of the video your nearly looking down on top of the kart for an ariel view, good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevMo Photog
Use Activetrack, you can get excellent 360 degree shots of moving objects using it, not sure what radius you'll get but give it a try.

AutoPilot does this but it's $30.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic