Is there a way to adjust camera speed ?

Reaction score
I would like to slow down my camera pan speed. Is there a way to adjust this speed ?
Thanks
Larry

IN ONE WORD NO!! IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A SLOWER PAN USE THE VISION APP. THE TILT WHEEL ON THE NEW TX IS QUITE QUICK UNLESS IF YOU HAVE VERY NIMBAL FINGERS.

I don't agree. The wheel on the new Tx has good speed control. If you move the wheel just a little, the camera will tilt up or down very slowly. Moving the wheel further increases the speed.

But OP referred to "pan speed". Do you mean moving the camera to left and right, or up and down? Moving it to left and right is done by the Phantom's yaw, which I agree takes quite a bit of practice to move very slowly.

Perhaps others have ideas about slowing down the yaw, if that is your meaning of pan. The yaw sensitivity may be able to be adjusted in the Phantom Assistant or RC assistant.

If your talking about the yaw speed then yes there is a mod to do so... search for like "yaw mod".. lets you slow down the rotation speed.. havnt done it myself but looks pretty useful if your into taking photos. The mod looks relatively easy to do aswell.. has a video on exactly how to do it...

Changing gains won't do it.

A quick fix is to lengthen the TX sticks. They come in two halves screwed on to a stump. You unlock the two halves, then unscrew them out to make the shaft a bit longer. The you screw the two tight together. I find that the longer stalks allows slower pans to be achieved. Also, i have found (recently) that if panning, switch the camera from 1080p @ 30fps down to 720p @60fps which makes for smoother pans as well.

The easiest route is make your left stick longer, helps a bit coupled with practice. Otherwise its an internal mod - pots, switches, soldering etc

Thanks everyone !
I would like to slow down both pitch & yaw controls. I see that the yaw can be changed in the software.
But how do I change the camera pitch ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers