Is there a problem with my motor's thread? Need help please!

Reaction score
So I just received my Phantom 3 Professional and I have right away noticed that the front right black motor is fairly tight to screw on, and is clearly unlike all the others. With the other three motors, you can easily just spin the propellers on. With this one black one it needs to be manually screwed on and off. It like I have to hold the motor in place in order to fully secure the propeller onto the motor, otherwise it doesn't go on all the way down. I have included a video of the problem below. Btw I've had an Inspire 1 in the past and Phantom 2's and I can this thread is not like the rest. I just want to know if this is bad or not before I fly it. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

have same problem on my p3s from day one over 50 flights no problem just sucks that one is tighter than other 3

have same problem on my p3s from day one over 50 flights no problem just sucks that one is tighter than other 3
Do you think I should exchange it? It is an option still because I just received it yesterday from B&H (and I'm driving distance from the store)

I haven't had a problem but if that close to store yeah exchange it see if new one is better a lot of people on here have had same problem

The threaded post might be just slightly out of spec. I'm assuming you tried a different "black" marked prop with the same results, eliminating the possibility its a out of tolerance prop. I would see if I could get that changed cause if it is in fact out of spec being slightly larger, it may "stretch" the inside of the prop so when you go to put the prop on the other black motor it may not tighten up enough... just a thought....

Think its nothing to worry about. Props are self tightening. Over time they will become looser. You should always hold the motor and make sure props are tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan