Is there a new P3 checklist things to do when you get a brand new P3?

Reaction score
i am reading all these props falling off and batteries dieing mid flight etc is there a list we can compile for all the new guys?

Here is my attempt at the list

1. Check the description of the updates and read the threads before you upgrade the firmware on the phantom. Always good to wait a week or so
2. Charge the battery fully to 100%
3. Make sure your first flight is on soft grass area and not paved road or concrete
4. Do the calibrations
5. When ever I get a new battery I keep the first flight really close to me so I can grab it in case of something going wrong. Or have a low altitude flight so in case of an issue the damage is minimal.
6. Loosen the screws and hand tighten them making sure to not use excessive force.

Anything else?

Last edited:
I haven't heard of any issues with the P3 propellers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't read that besides the one post with the person who lost a prop during flight.

Nothing wrong with the plastic props. Remember to firmly hand tighten and you will be fine. I would venture that using a prop not designed for this bird may cause you potential warranty issues should you have failure.

The active braking system does not go well with the Ubuntu props. They spin off. Use the plastic ones.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic