Is there a minimum shutter speed for Photos to prevent motion blur?

Reaction score
Just curious how long can we leave the shutter open before we would get motion blur? I typically limit my shutter speed on my DSLR to match my focal length. Would the same rule apply to an 8.8mm? Basically anything at 1/10th of a second or faster will freeze action?

THanks!

You probably can go even slower than that due to the gimbal. I've seen night shots into seconds which were pretty good other than noise. Depends on winds aloft too.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Ok good to know. I was sort of struggling with my own process of which way to go.

I understand aperture of 4.5 will result in the sharpest photos and video. So I can

A. Use Aperture priority and set my ISO to 100 and let it figure out the shutter speed which should result in EV of 0.0

or

B. Use Manual and Set Iso 100, Aperture to 4.5 and roll the shutter up or down until I get an EV of 0.0

I guess either way will work

Its a lot diff than your DSLR example if your talking hand holding. These drones are almost like tri-pods in the sky tbo. If it's a calm day or night you can go down to 2-3 second exposures maybe and be good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20