Is there a consensus on using app killers for Android?

Reaction score
Do any of our experienced pilots here use an app help to kill or force stop any apps before flying?

I know you can force stop them without using an app, but if there are multiple apps that you would not want to let run, a task killer app may be handy.

Are there any known apps that cause problems while flying?

I believe most people kill dji go - if they are using Litchi, so that they don't share data simultaneously, and disrupt performance.

So, this is why I thought I would ask this type of question.

I use an Android wi-fi only tablet. (Shield K1) and since we are wi-fi direct to the RC, maybe this is not even a concern. - Unless some annoying app in the tablet is trying to reach out somewhere, or within Androids own system.

If I use AZ screen recorder on my Nexus 7 whilst flying with either Litchi or Go, then when I review the flight in Healthy Drones, the sensor screen shows very poor signal. I have proved to my own satisfaction that it is the AZ recorder that causes this. I am not sure whether there is actually a poor signal as the P4 flies very well, but I do not like to use AZ any more on long distance flights.
Anyone else noticed this?

Zapper runs on my Samsung tablet and kills a lot of stuff, but some apps later restart on their own so you have to do it again. You can watch them restart in a few minutes with Zapper running. News service ones seem really bad for it. Some will not even accept a force shutdown either for some reason. Zapper does not run right on the Samsung phone though.

You might need to go for a rooted OS in order to get rid of a lot of the pre-installed stuff that some carriers and manufactures install to clean it. Android is really a poorly designed OS for allowing that stuff to run as it does, as well as the app makers getting access to almost anything on your phone as well as camera access. I also use Camera Blocker that tells me I have 81 apps that have access to the cameras which shouldn't be allowed. No doubt the reason the Android stuffs battery life is so poor over the Apple iOS that seems to be tighter on loose running background apps and programs. I need to run a secondary battery case (Mophie) on my Samsung S6 phone else it will die mid-day or overnight without it. Meanwhile, the Apple ipad Air 2 will still show 100% battery life. Go figger!

Settings
Apps
Running
Force stop and Disable.
Gone for good (unless you re enable them)

Settings
Apps
Running
Force stop and Disable.
Gone for good (unless you re enable them)
Same here, if your device is dedicated to your drone you shouldn't have that much running away. Way download and install another app. Now on my main phone I use Avast Battery Saver.

Its hard to dedicate a Shield completely.
It can do so much, besides a few remote control apps and chrome, I have the Phantom Pilots app on here. [emoji3]

P3S - DBS mod - Inspire tablet mount -
nVidea Shield K1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4