Is there a consensus of the best firmware for distance

Reaction score
Haven't flown for a few months, from what I've been reading sounds like distance has been cut on some of the latest firmware? What's the best firmware and app for distance with the 32 channel hack on the p3p? Not to worried about new features.

Sent from my SM-N930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't know the answer to your question.
However my stock P3P with a "C" controller with NO mods gets me out as far as the battery will let me. Usually 4-5km before heading home. Of course this is out in the country side.

EDIT:
Latest firmware on everything.
DJI GO v2.83 (last good one with no video issues on my Samsung T-710 tablet)

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
I'm on 1.6 and consistently get 2+mi with windsurfers (GL300A). I have been out to 15,000 with no problem also in clear open areas.
I agree with 1.60 also.
Using go 2.60 as that was the current software when 1.60 was currenty firmware.
Also 1.57 on control.

Maybe if I had updated there would be no difference. But, like the OP I read the lower range posts
and decided to not to update.

I'm on 1.8 firmware for the aircraft, 1.9 for the batteries and the latest for the rc. I also use Dji go 2.8.1 on android and can get out way far. I've been 11 miles out on this setup (with external batteries).

Reactions: Mocho
GO App 2.4.3
R/C GL300A 1.5.7
A/C Firmware 1.4.1
WindSurfer
2.9mi

After version 1.4.1 A/C firmware, speed began being reduced. At this point the battery firmware began being programmed in ways to reduce overall battery performance and storage capacity. Not only were additional changes added in numerous updates, but pilots also had to face the crippling addition of the GEO/No Fly Zones.

I could continue adding to the list above, but the point I want to convey is, the P3 started out as an absolute awesome aircraft when it was 1st released in May 2015. Since that time, it has been turned into a different aircraft altogether. I just can not understand why dji has to use it's most popular model to make changes and use as on-going test. It's a shame that they don't put something together based on what the buyers request.

Is there still a possibility of downgrading firmwares on the controller and drone? Still seems like a bit of work just to get 2.4.3 on IOS..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4